2011 Mazda CX-9 air cond question

Today I was driving, stoped for approx 15 mins (car turned off etc) when I returned turned my car on my Mazda CX-9 2011 model air conditioning would come back on, the rear one works but not the front. Any info as to what I can do or issue would be great

The blower relays sometimes go bad. There are two relays, one for each blower. You can swap the relays to check if one went bad. There are many threads on the forum - search for blower motor relay and something should come up.

The other thing it can be is a bad blower. These sometimes fail if the drain gets clogged and water backs up into the blower. There are aftermarket replacements available for about $50. Make sure the drain is not clogged before replacing.

Here's a link to a thread about this:

J
The blower relays sometimes go bad. There are two relays, one for each blower. You can swap the relays to check if one went bad. There are many threads on the forum - search for blower motor relay and something should come up.

The other thing it can be is a bad blower. These sometimes fail if the drain gets clogged and water backs up into the blower. There are aftermarket replacements available for about $50. Make sure the drain is not clogged before replacing.

Here's a link to a thread about this:

Just checked the relays switched them over back still works with the front one, but front doesn’t work with the back one. If only it could be that simple, still back only working. Dad pulled the fan out last night hooked it up to power and it works but as soon as it’s back in the car it’s not working

This problem just surfaced in my 2011 CX-9; front heater fan doesn't work, rear one does. I've checked the fuses and swapped the relays, no help. What's the next thing I should check?

Took the fan out and spun by hand to check condition, turned car on and it worked. Might be a dead spot on the motor windings, dunno. If it happens again I'll post up again.

Did you check the blower motor resistor, blend door, door actuator? You could have a motor on it’s way out.
No. Why would I check those when the motor is now spinning fine, and before I dropped it out and spun it, it wasn't turning? (And if the motor's on it's way out, why would I check all that crap?) No dirt, corrosion or anything else blocking it from turning. Turned it half turn to check bearings, turned AC on and it spun right up. Reinstalled and whole system is working fine. I've read thru the manual for the troubleshooting steps, and I don't have enough hours in a day to work my way thru that. (Sorry, a bit grumpy today)

Back