2010 CX-9 Bose Stereo Blank White Screen

leewoo

:
Mazda CX-9 Touring
Hey all,

I started my 2010 CX-9 this morning to take my son to school and the screen on my Bose Infotainment system was white with some lines going through it. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Some info on it:
- It was working yesterday just fine and played music from my phone as well as showed the backup camera when putting it in reverse. Today nothing functions.
- None of the AM/FM, Phone, etc do anything nor do any of the other stereo buttons for that matter.
- Nothing plays out of the speakers however my phone did have the icon to signify that the bluetooth is connected.
- I restarted the vehicle and when it started up the screen blinked 3 times with the white screen and then stayed solid white on the 4th (white, black, white, black, white, black, stayed white)

I can't really find anything online associated with just a white screen or even diagnostic flashing for that matter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey all,

I started my 2010 CX-9 this morning to take my son to school and the screen on my Bose Infotainment system was white with some lines going through it. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Some info on it:
- It was working yesterday just fine and played music from my phone as well as showed the backup camera when putting it in reverse. Today nothing functions.
- None of the AM/FM, Phone, etc do anything nor do any of the other stereo buttons for that matter.
- Nothing plays out of the speakers however my phone did have the icon to signify that the bluetooth is connected.
- I restarted the vehicle and when it started up the screen blinked 3 times with the white screen and then stayed solid white on the 4th (white, black, white, black, white, black, stayed white)

I can't really find anything online associated with just a white screen or even diagnostic flashing for that matter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

maybe try a hard reset, disconnect the battery ? and hopefully it'll correct itself.

maybe try a hard reset, disconnect the battery ? and hopefully it'll correct itself.
The audio still plays from my phone but I cannot change to AM/FM, CD, etc. I also cannot turn the volume up or down. It just plays.

I checked all the fuses and the ones corresponding to the stereo were all fine. I'm pretty sure I checked them all but when I started the car with the fuses out (#14 interior - Audio and #22 engine compartment - BOSE System) the screen still turned on so I'm not sure if there is another one I need to check. I pulled the instrument panel fuse but couldn't start the vehicle so not sure if that was corresponding to the screen.

I will do a hard reset of the vehicle later this weekend as we are in the middle of a tropical storm atm. In the mean time if anyone else has any more suggestions they'd be greatly appreciated. Here are some pictures of what the screen looks like.

http://imgur.com/a/rTh5K

Did a full disconnect on the battery and that didn't solve it. None of the buttons on the stereo unit work including the hours minutes or info for the mini display up top.

Did a full disconnect on the battery and that didn't solve it. None of the buttons on the stereo unit work including the hours minutes or info for the mini display up top.

sounds like you have a video control board that has failed, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but looks like you need to replace the whole unit.

I see you have a 2010 CX-9, good news is that back in 2010 the infotainment systems were basically standalone units unlike more modern calls where it's harder just to swap out units. They have tons of used OEM CX-9's head units on ebay for sale at fairly inexpensive prices, and it's a very easy swap, see video:

I'm not seeing any OEM Bose receivers for a 2010.

wow, you're right, I'm surprised, no BOSE with NAV for sale, only the non-NAV's for sale.
Not sure if you're into aftermarket radios but maybe start researching non-OEM replacements ?
sorry, nothing else I can think of......

wow, you're right, I'm surprised, no BOSE with NAV for sale, only the non-NAV's for sale.
Not sure if you're into aftermarket radios but maybe start researching non-OEM replacements ?
sorry, nothing else I can think of......

Actually mine does not have the NAV on it, but I still can't really find a lot of options online. Took it to the dealer and they recommend replacing it (of course), but they want $1800 just for a no unit. That's without labor. Insanity. I will continue looking online for something reasonably priced as we wanted to keep it stock. Thanks so much for the help.

Any resolution on your issue? I have the exact same issue happening in my 2010 CX9 Grand Touring. I also can't find any replacement stereos...

Back