2010 CWP Mazda5: Our family hauler a year later - still smitten!

Hank3

Asian Persuasion <><
Contributor
:
2010 Mazda5 GT
Some of you may remember a little more than a year ago I posted this thread about our then to-be purchase of a 2010 CWP Mazda5 GT. Well it's been about a year and a few weeks since we picked her up in anticipation our a baby that was born this year in January. We picked her up with a little under 15K miles and she currently has a little under 24K. We have been extremely happy with our MZ5 and she was everything that was advertised when we went and picked her up. Since then, I've done two oil changes; rotated the tires once; had the local dealer perform the TSB for the revised FSB bushings (no more clunking); purchased the revised RSB and bushings if/when it starts clunking; swapped out the front lower grill with a new one since the one that came with the vehicle had a front license plate (ruined the clean look); removed pinstriping; OEM rear cargo cover, net, and mat; OEM rear bumper guard; OEM sunshade; WellVisors; Findway 3D Car Floor Liners; upgraded front door and rear panel speakers; CX-7 shorty antenna; and Fumoto valve.

A couple things I'm considering is upgrading the radio and swapping out the headlight projector lenses to the TRS clear ones. This is our fourth Mazda (Protege Sedan, MS3, P5 and MZ5) and our loyalty remains strong. My daily is a P5 that I like to tweak here and there, but it remains relatively stock. Both of our current vehicles are dying breeds, but we certainly appreciate all of the info and assistance M247 has provided over the years in order to save us a good amount of money with routine maintenance, troubleshooting, and other members blazing trails with mods and how-to's. Here's to many more happy and safe miles...:)

The day she was picked up:

IMG_20140827_171608.jpg

And now some updated pics:

IMG_2509.jpg

IMG_2522.jpg

IMG_2508.jpg

IMG_2515.jpg

IMG_2510.jpg

IMG_2511.jpg

IMG_2523.jpg

IMG_2521.jpg

IMG_2519.jpg

IMG_2525.jpg

IMG_2524.jpg

IMG_2517.jpg

And our little one in the driver's seat of our MZ5 - hopefully one day a Mazda loyalist!

11108842_10105981531225323_2800634467763817010_n.jpg

Last edited:
Nice review and beautiful looking car. Oh, and you are a neat freak (in a good way)! I'm ashamed to show mine :p

LOL...thanks. I'm definitely a neat freak (my wife is as well, but not nearly as bad). A friend said to me years ago if I were to ever have kids that my "neat freakness" would subside and that I would essentially let my vehicles go and become more unkempt. So far it has not happened. But if we have another baby, her assessment might become more of a reality. And our little one is only 7.5 months now. When she gets older, it might change as well :)

We loved our 2008 Mz5 so much that we bought another one in 2012. Now, with 2, we're a Mazda5 family. Mine is always more clean and shiny than my wife's Mz5.

We loved our 2008 Mz5 so much that we bought another one in 2012. Now, with 2, we're a Mazda5 family. Mine is always more clean and shiny than my wife's Mz5.

Sweet! That's some Mazda lovin' right there! :)

Back