2009 cx-9 transmission filter change??

Mr4x4

:
2009 Mazda cx9
hi guys i have an 2009 cx-9 GT and it has 35,000 miles. only maintenance I've done on it has been the air filter and battery. according to the owners manual I'm good. however should i be looking into replacing the transmission fluid and gasket if so were can i get the filter and gasket? The workshop manual only says to drain it using the drain plug and replace the drain plug gasket.
mobil-atf-3309-automatic-transmission-fluid.ashx
s-l500.jpg
But ebay sells the filter kit. thanks.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    26.6 KB · Views: 1,000
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    35.4 KB · Views: 2,100
Last edited:
I was at the dealer today picking up my 10 quarts of trans fluid for my flush and they said the transmission does not have a serviceable filter.

Pootie tang, did you ever find the return line that goes back to the trans. Can you please post a pic of the line and the location. Thanks in advance.

How do you have a 6 year old vehicle with 35k miles? (boom07)
We had that within the first year on our 2013. Just turned 70,400 today and it is 2y 3m 6d.

I checked the fluid yesterday and even after 137,000 miles is still looks pretty good. So I am bumping this job to lowest priority. I will do an oil change and the load leveling kit install in the next few days, then this likely just after the new year.

Back