2009 CX-9 NAV DVD Update

Mazda USA Came Through - Believe it or Not

Even my wife's 09 CX-7 came with the 2007 Ver 1.! I haven't pulled the disc yet on her new car to read the label but I suspect the Rev E.

I now have 2 versions of the NAV that say 2007, Version 1, with slightly different dates of files burnt on the DVD. WTF is that about?

I know calling the dealer will get nowhere. I may just suck it up and buy the new DVD. $200 split between 2 cars ain't so bad.

Just for kicks, I called Mazda USA a few days ago about buying a brand new 09 CX-7 and the disc that came with it was 2 years old. I told him that Mazda/Denso are selling 2008 Revision discs for $200 on www.mazdanavigation.com for a product that should have come with my new car. I expected nothing to happen.

The customer support person totally agreed. No questions asked. He asked me how much they were selling them for and I told him $200. He immediately responded, that he would send me a $200 Mazda gift card that I can use at any Mazda dealer for parts, service and that they could order a disc for me using it.

Three days later I received an apology letter outlining my complaint and a $200 gift card!

Now that I bought the disc I have to figure out $200 worth of service that I need all at once within a year (must be used all at once). How much is the Mazda recommended interval service? Ceric, you must know.

SeCX-9,
There is a huge chance that the "gift card" can be used anywhere. Is it a card with VISA logo on it (like the rebate card you get from AT&T)?
If yes, you can use it anywhere.
I have a Lexus credit card. (no, I don't own any Lexus). It gives 1.5% rebate on every dollar.
Many people thought that the rebate can only be used on Lexus accessories and services.
No. I can go on Lexus website and ask for a giftcard for redeeming by points. Lexus sent me
a VISA rebate card, with which I can used it almost everywhere.

I am guessing that you get the similar card.
If you got a coupon-sort-of paper, then, you only can use it at Mazda dealer, of course.
Buy some filters, accessories at the dealer if you have to. An oil change costs only $25 at my local dealer. With tire rotation (I do it myself), that is another $20-30. I am sure you can find a way to spend $200 at the Parts department. If you can't, I will spend it for you ....

P.S. BTW, this is a good story to show how good Mazda corporate is, IMHO. You will never get the same treatment from
Honda/Toyota. They are too arrogant for that. From my dealings with them, they are very reasonable. I hope Mazda continue
to survive in US (unlike Mitsubishi, which is probably pulling out of US soon).

Last edited:
SeCX-9,
There is a huge chance that the "gift card" can be used anywhere. Is it a card with VISA logo on it (like the rebate card you get from AT&T)?
If yes, you can use it anywhere.
I have a Lexus credit card. (no, I don't own any Lexus). It gives 1.5% rebate on every dollar.
Many people thought that the rebate can only be used on Lexus accessories and services.
No. I can go on Lexus website and ask for a giftcard for redeeming by points. Lexus sent me
a VISA rebate card, with which I can used it almost everywhere.

I am guessing that you get the similar card.
If you got a coupon-sort-of paper, then, you only can use it at Mazda dealer, of course.
Buy some filters, accessories at the dealer if you have to. An oil change costs only $25 at my local dealer. With tire rotation (I do it myself), that is another $20-30. I am sure you can find a way to spend $200 at the Parts department. If you can't, I will spend it for you ....

P.S. BTW, this is a good story to show how good Mazda corporate is, IMHO. You will never get the same treatment from
Honda/Toyota. They are too arrogant for that. From my dealings with them, they are very reasonable. I hope Mazda continue
to survive in US (unlike Mitsubishi, which is probably pulling out of US soon).

Unfortunately it's not a Visa or other branded card.

Very Mazda specific with hand written codes, dollar value on the back and specific serial #. I'm thinking I may ask the Mazda parts department to order me the Parada Spec-X for the CX-7. That's $200 off the top right?

If you own a CX9 with A version, make sure you ask the dealer for a free update BEFORE you buy the CX9 when "B" becomes available in near future. Otherwise, it is up to their good will to update your old map data (unlikely), or you have to spend $$$ on it ($200+).

Very good advice, never rely on a dealer's word or just hope they will do the right thing. Put the promise in words right on the purchase order, so that you have legal recourse under breach of contract.

DVD Map Update.

Monday, 7/20 I received the new DVD. I thought that was a quick transaction. Now I'll have to wait for the reimbursement. We'll se how slow that will come.

Monday, 7/20 I received the new DVD. I thought that was a quick transaction. Now I'll have to wait for the reimbursement. We'll se how slow that will come.

Maybe you can double dip. Call Mazda USA and tell them the same story about buying a new car and receiving a 2 year old map disc while Mazda/Denso is selling new discs on their website. I told them that and got $200 credit at Mazda.

It's an easy phone call.

Refund

On MOnday 8/24/09 I recieved my check from Mazda USA for $199.00. Customer service has been very good so far. Another happy customer

I have been telling other owners that, though, some of the Mazda dealers really suck, corporate Mazda has been very reasonable and willing to help owners.

On MOnday 8/24/09 I recieved my check from Mazda USA for $199.00. Customer service has been very good so far. Another happy customer

See! Was it a real check or $200 of Mazda services/parts credit?

My Mazda credit is still burning a whole in my pocket. Waiting for the Parada Spec-Xs to be in stock for my wifes CX-7.

Has anyone created an ISO of GP9A 66 DZ0 F? Also found this ISO (Mazda 6 - Rx8 Navteq Europe Cartography 2005-2006); wonder if it will work in an 07???

Last edited:
I got the latest maps for Mazda CX-9 2007-2008 which I believe is the latest (2009 ver. 1) MAZDA Part No. GP9A 66 DZ0 G
If you want a copy send me a private message.

CX-9 2007 Nav update

CX-9 Master,

I need a copy for my wife's 2007 CX-9, her map is so out of date.
Let me know how much.
Thanks for the help.

Willgil

Yes, ISO Works

yes you can create your own Backups of the GPS Nav DVDs using DualLayer DVDs.

You can do that to maoke sure you keep your original DVDs intact and without any scratch, while you run with your ISO based backups

Just curious - for those who contacted CX 9 Master for a copy of the DVD - Did you get it? Did it work?

The maps in my wife's vehicle are so old they probably don't even have the house I grew up in and I need to get them updated, but not for $199!

Thanks!

The 2007 came with map of 2005.
The newest map on 2010+ models have 2009 map.
CX9 navigation has a screen upgrade in 2009 model.
Therefore, a disc from 2009+ model might not work for 2007-8 models (lower resolution screen).
Watch out for that. Check mazdanavigation.com for the exact version of disc, be it G or F, for you model year
with 2009 map. Then, find a DVD copy of that exact version.

Just checked the mazdanav website, the latest version for us 1st Gen CX-9 owners is GP9A 66 DZ0 H, which is supposed to be the 2011 version with 2010 data.

Question - has anyone purchased the "H" version? If so, does it seem to actually have updated info? It just seems that folks are paying good money to buy updated map info, only to discover the info is still stuck a few years in the past.

If someone has the "H" version and it does appear to actually have updated info, I would be willing to provide this person with an offsite storage location to protect their backed up copy of the DVD. Obviously it would cost this person money to purchase a blank DVD, burn it and mail it, so obviously I would compensate said person a reasonable sum for their efforts.

Back