mikeyb

Contributor
:
01 BMW 325xi Touring
0701_z_+2008_subaru_legacy+30_front.jpg

0701_z_+2008_subaru_legacy+30_rear.jpg

0701_z_+2008_subaru_legacy+interior.jpg

0701_z_+2008_subaru_legacy+badge.jpg

For the 2008 model year, the Legacy and Outback models are slightly reworked with new front and rear fascia designs. Both models have a grille that has been enlarged to display a bigger Subaru badge, as is the current trend (check out the Mercedes-Benz GL420 Vision Bluetec.) The BMW-like interior of the '07 models was a great place to spend time, but nevertheless it also has been updated with a revised instrument panel and upgraded fabrics. A telescoping wheel becomes standard equipment as well.

In addition to the changes to the sheet metal and interior, the Legacy family has a new top model positioned above the 2.5GT Spec B, the 3.0 R Limited. The 3.0 R, as you may have guessed, has the 3.0-liter flat six-cylinder engine that has been limited to the Outback up until now. Besides the new motor, the car benefits from Subaru's SI-DRIVE system (seen on last year's Legacy and Outback turbo models), which has 3 different modes to tweak throttle and shift settings.

Handsome I guess, But I gotta have the turbo and the hood scoop a-la legacy spec b.

For safe all weather transport though, I wouldn't mine one I guess.

What are the power and torque ratings for the flat 6?

Last edited:
What the hell is wrong with Suby? No manual available. Its not a V6 but a flat boxer 6. 245hp and 215lb-ft of torque.

Its a sleeper without the LGT hood scoop.

Last edited:
What the hell is wrong with Suby? No manual available. Its not a V6 but a flat boxer 6. 245hp and 215lb-ft of torque.

Its a sleeper without the LGT hood scoop.

Fixed that thanks. I keep forgetting. Yeah the no manual is a strange omission. Could you see yourself in one of these?

Fixed that thanks. I keep forgetting. Yeah the no manual is a strange omission. Could you see yourself in one of these?

I use to own a 05 LGT Limited. So yes I would own a 3.0R. The thing I like is that there is no turbo lag like the LGT Limited had.

Being a Suby lover myself, this is hard to say but truthful......the '08 Legacy 3.0R is an absolute DOG!

I saw one dyno'd today. 160 whp, 154 wtq. What a disappointment.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is almost 100hp drivetrain loss. My Altima SE dyno'd in at 201hp stock. 245hp at the crank.

Last edited:
Yea its does and it needs to be available as a sportwagon.

Indeed. My wife and I test drove a legacy wagon a few months ago in turbo turbocharged trim and she loved it. So much in fact that she was saying a couple of car seats would be perfect in the back, at which point I gunned it back to the dealership and asked for the keys to something with no back seats!!!!! (drive2) :)

Indeed. My wife and I test drove a legacy wagon a few months ago in turbo turbocharged trim and she loved it. So much in fact that she was saying a couple of car seats would be perfect in the back, at which point I gunned it back to the dealership and asked for the keys to something with no back seats!!!!! (drive2) :)

HAHAHAHA...... My sister has a 06 Legecy Limited 2.5i wagon and it has two baby seats in the back.

She had a Xterra XE before the Legacy and she had both of my nephews before.

Thats a coupe.

" coup (French word from the verb couper to cut) or coupe is a car body style with a close-coupled interior offering either two seats or 2+2 seating (space for two passengers up front and for two occasional passengers in the rear)."

Thats a coupe.

" coup (French word from the verb couper to cut) or coupe is a car body style with a close-coupled interior offering either two seats or 2+2 seating (space for two passengers up front and for two occasional passengers in the rear)."

gotcha! Thanks.

Back