2008 CX-9 Headlamp electrical buzzing noise

When my headlamps are on, I get a loud buzzing sound coming out of the fuse box area. Here is a video...

I suspect it is the relay, but possibly a short upstream from it? Anyone see this issue before? Another electrical issue this cx9 has that may be related is that the alarm goes off when we have heavy rains. I will do more trouble shooting with a volt meter today.

Sounds like the chipmunks want out. LOL

Are the lights turning on when this is happening? Pull the relay and make sure it is seeing 12v and ground as it should. Also try pulling the low beam fuses one at a time and see if that changes anything.

As for the alarm and rain, check for leaks in the right front kick panel. I believe our cars can have a water issue there.

Update: It's not a relay. It is this thing that attaches to the back of the headlamp. I am not sure what it is or what it does. Hopefully I can replace it cheaply and move on. Any ideas on where I can a replacement at a low cost? Non-OEM is ok as the car is 12 years old.

IMG_1660.jpeg

Interesting. That is for the adjustable aspect, the dash rotary switch thingy. Glad it was a fairly easy fix. My left light adjusts from the dash, but not the right. Now I know where to start looking. :)

Back