2007 CX7 Starting/Not Starting

Hello, I have a 2007 CX7. I can start it. It will run for a little while but when I put it in gear it will die but after I do that, it will not start back up. It tries but doesn't start. I replaced the fuse for the injectors. I'm not getting any codes either but the TSC light is on. The car has around 107,000 miles. I did replace the bypass valve L3K9-20-2 50A as the vacuum nipple was broke. I haven't had the car very long and bought it at auction.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff

When it doesn't start, try spraying a small bit of carb cleaner or sensor safe starter fluid into the intake to see if it will start up and run on outside fuel for a few seconds.

Upvote 0
So I went out this morning and it cranked right up without any fluids in the intake. It will idle ok, around 1000 rpms was getting .83 from the maf, boost which I don't know what that is on my OBII app on my phone was -5.8 and 02 sensor 1 shows .00 and o2 sensor 2 shows .85 But when I try and put it in reverse or drive it dies.

Upvote 0
What happens if you (try to) rev it up to 4-5K? If it revs ok, then can you do that repeatedly with no problems?

Upvote 0
Have you tried jacking it up and checking to see if all of the wheels turn with the transmission in neutral, or if it will roll ok in neutral?

Upvote 0
Does it die immediately after you shift (with you foot still firmly on the brake), or not until after you've lifted your foot off the brake?

Upvote 0
Good morning. I was able to crank it up... Let it idle. I put it in gear with my foot on the brake. It ran ok. I took my foot off the brake, it idled, gave it a little gas moved about a foot then it died.

Upvote 0
I checked it, it is good and looks clean. The oil is right on the minimum line, I'll get some tomorrow and add to it. I did crank it up without any trouble, I was able to move it about 3 feet then it died. Now it will not restart even with a little starter fluid but I think it will crank right up in the morning. I will let you know.

Upvote 0
I would try removing the spark plugs, immediately after you attempt to drive it and it stalls. Don't crank at all after it stalls, just get out and remove the plugs and check them, in particular for being wet with gas, but also for anything else unusual as well.

Upvote 0
Hey Man, been sick as a dog. Finally the rain has stopped and I was able to get out there. I had to charge the battery been cold here and it cranked up. ran for about 10 minutes idling and I would move it up to 3000 rpms and let it come down. then all the sudden it just stopped. I pulled the plugs as you suggested. They are not wet but look like crap.
Plug1.jpeg
Plug2.jpeg

Upvote 0
The carbon on the plug indicates incomplete combustion, but it's not clear if the stalling is a result of a performance issue, or a mechanical transmission failure. The fact that it revs high and strong in idle makes me think the vehicle should be able to move down the road - lousy maybe, but a least something.

So I suggest putting the front end safely up on jack stands (or a shop lift), start it up, and put it in gear. With no load the wheels should spin freely, and should not be sluggish when doing stop and go with the brake. But if they're not spinning easily, that would almost certainly indicate an internal transmission problem.

Upvote 0
So I went out this morning and started it right up the first turn of the key. It idles about 10 minutes then dies and will not restart... Hmmmm

Upvote 0
Back