2003 Mazda protege 5 check engine light, ABS light

beaniebby

:
2003 mazda protege 5
Hey guys.

I bought a 2003 mazda protege about a year ago now, when I bought it the transmission was slipping on gear 3 and I got it replaced with a new tranny with 98k clicks on it. Since I bough it it has always had a the check engine light on and the ABS light on, the abs doesn't actually work anymore either and I'd like to get that fixed also. It had 156k clicks on it when i bought it and now has 170k, so obviously there is no issues after I replaced the tranny, I just want these lights gone.

Would resetting the computer by removing the cable on neutral on my battery reset everything and solve the issue? I could also buy spark plugs or coils, they haven't been changed since I bought the car and I've put over 16k clicks in less than a year.

Also I've heard of this seafoam stuff when I was looking up check engine errors for my protege, is this stuff any good? I'd love to put oils, or whatnot in my car if it betters it. I don't know much about cars myself.

Get the engine codes, local parts stores can usually do it for free.

Most common issue with ABS light is the wheel speed sensor. Best way is to disconnect it and check resistance.

These are the Transmision codes from the OBD-II port under the steering wheel,...

Brakecodes1_zps060a0739.jpg

Brakecodes2_zpsb6a89a1d.jpg

Back