2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege 107k miles (stock) - SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusty Buns

:
03.5 MSP , 04 MSM (titanium X2)
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege 107k miles (stock)

I purchased the car from the original owner and have a folder of receipts about 2" thick that goes with it. Who takes a car to the dealer to replace a license plate light? The previous owner, that's who (and only $30 charged to do it. What a deal!). Within the last year the previous owner had the dealer install a new starter, alternator, battery, and motor mounts. The only thing that isn't stock is the radio. The previous owner replaced the dead Kenwood unit with a Pioneer that has bluetooth phone and audio capability. The only things I've done in the 1,000 miles I've had it is change the oil and install a new set of tires (Discount Tire with warranty).

The bad:

driver's seat has wear on the bolster from getting in and out
back seat has a dime sized burn hole (strange because there is no smoke smell, ash tray is unmarked, and cigarette lighter looks unused. WTF?)
fist sized dent in passenger rear door where some jerk-ass flung their door open with reckless abandon
a few little dings and scratches all around from parking lot idiots
10 year old tint job is starting to peel (not bad but you can hear the tint crinkle when rolling the windows down. It's only gonna get worse so it needs to be fixed)
valve cover seeps oil (bought new Fel-pro gasket and will install this week)
it got so hot here that the rear view mirror landed in my lap when making a right turn (again, will fix this week)

The Facts:

2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
107k miles
not a speck of rust
passed inspection on Monday
clean title
located in Midland Texas

The price:

$4000, or $5000 and you get a hearty handshake from yours truly. But wait, there's more! If you pay $5000 I'll give you all the aftermarket parts I've collected for it.

Injen cold air intake
AWR front motor mount
Autometer C2 boost gauge
Autometer dual gauge pod
ETS side mount intercooler
SLS Performance aluminum door lock bezel (+5 horsepower!)
SLS Performance catless mid-pipe
Corksport J pipe
Corksport intercooler piping
SplitSecond fuel and timing controller with R4 software and serial to USB adapter
Weapon-R intercooler hard piping (use either the Corksport or this one and sell the other)

This is the only pic I have because it's been raining like crazy for the past week. I'll get new pics tomorrow if it's sunny.

List Date: 9/24/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege 107k miles (stock)
--------------------------------------
SOLD

--------------------------------------
mazdas247

Last edited:
So yeah. I used the Panjo link to put the car up for sale and it posted it here instead of the vehicle sale forum.

Damn that's a really good deal. GLWS, I don't need another titanium but if it was spicy or blue I would be very interested.

Has the timing belt/water pump been replaced yet?
Also what is the price without the hearty handshake. Maybe a semi hearty handshake. :)
Thanks!

Last edited:
I don't think I saw a receipt for a timing belt swap. I'll check the condition to confirm when I pull the valve cover.

Edited listing to include imgur album link as well as added that I found the set of AWR replacement rear sway bar bushings.

In for update on this, very interested. Also any maintenance done with the turbo? Why are you selling?

Thanks.

Sorry, my knee swelled up like a grapefruit this weekend so I've been bed bound. (sad2) I should be up and "running" tomorrow and I can fix those issues.

IIRC about 2 years ago or so the WGA was replaced. Don't think anything else turbo related has been done. I do remember adding up all the receipts up (except oil changes) and got to $6300! I need to open a dealer service shop!

The reason I'm selling is because my knee and ankle can't handle a manual trans for a daily driver (hence the swelling...). I picked up a Mercury Marauder for my new daily driver. I'd rather save my clutch foot for driving my mazdaspeed Miata!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back