2002 PRO5 Will Crank but WILL NOT START

Hound

:
2002 Protege5
OK Boys and Girls, this is the deal. I am no Expert however I am not stupid. I have searched the forum and have been a member here before but lost all my info and it has been over a year so with that said lets go....I am really stumped and could use some help.

Well I blew a fuse before It was the "ROOM" fuse for the lights and Radio...again no big deal. HOWEVER The car will crank and not start... The Power windows do not work, the rear wiper does not work, the GAUGES do not work(like when you turn key to on position and the fuel gauge rises to position) yeah it doesnt move. Only light in the cluster that comes on is the "No Seat Belt" light. Nothing else. Like I said car will crank but not start like there is a short some where. I have checked all the fuses and they are all good to my knowledge. I pulled the MAIN(big green one) and opened it to ensure it was not all fried. Unless it has some hidden tric to it the thing loos brand NEW on the inside. The 100amp main at the terminal hook up seems fine and I would assume that if it were burned I would not even be able to crank the car over. I have checked the fuses under the dash and the hood....WTF MATE No friggin dice??? I have done automotive work for years, However been outta the game for two years since the doc wont let me work over engines due to a pacemaker implant(I just turned 30) Anyway...This is what I have and I know I need to check these fuses again in the day light just to make sure. I have burned through the internet and this forum but cannot find anything quite like my issue or any that have been resolved EXCEPT one that said it was a MAIN FUSE. Any Ideas, Thoughts?? ANything? I could really use some insight here and THIS IS my first Mazda so maybe it is a Mazda Thing. I am used to running Cobalts. Either way Thank you for anything of use that I may get and I can easily offer any other info needed if I forgot something.

And no the Temp Gauge does not spike and fall it does not move.

Last edited:
Straight UP I figured it out...If anyone wants a nifty way to secure their vehicle for cheap I will be designing so kits based on what I just found and you can literally control your car in a number of manners. Pretty amazing to say the least. Thanks for everyone who took a look and was attempting to come up with a solution. If anyone wants to know what it was PM me and I can share the details. HOWEVER this would be a less than common issue for standard users so I will not post. I guarantee you will rarely find this ever again. HAD ZERO TO DO with anything that came ON or IN the car from the factory. :) and certainly was not put in by me. However I took it out.

Back