1975 rx-7?

02PROTEGE2.0

:
1999 Audi A4 1.8t quattro manual
so i live din oklahoma until i was 14... a suberb of tulsa called owasso.... theres a couple forum members from there....

any who...

my best friends dad was always rebuilding and fixing up this little red convertable... an rx-7 he told me. he also told me it was one of only 3 1975 rx-7's.... either that his was the only one left not totaslled or there were only three cause all the others were totalled.

none the less... it was a nice little red car with no power steering and pop up headlights... my friend, his daughter, hates it.

he always told me he would give me a good deal on it when i was old enough to buy it... but ive never seen anything about a 1975 rx-7..... could this man who spent so much time and money be mistaken? i dont know...

i wonder if i should buy it now...

Didn't read the entire article, but I always thought the first year for RX7s in North America (LHD) was 1978. (dunno)

look on the right side... ti talks about a 1975 savannah rx-7 for the US...

good news in kristen is going to get me pics either by later tonight or tomorrow sometime... she ahs to go to court right now. but she said her dad said its the ONLY CONVERTIBLE 1975 MAZDA RX-7 IN THE WORLD.

i'll see what kinda deal he'll give me on it =)

Savannah Rx7
1975-1978

the Rx7 mk1

The brakes were also compromised on cost finishing with discs at the front but drums at the back, though this was a fairly standard arrangement at the time

Keeping running costs low 5 inch wide, 13 inch diameter steel wheels were specified with 165HR13 tires, but the option of 13 by 5.5 inch alloy wheels was also specified.

The X605 would use the 12A rotary but this had been breathed on by the rotary engine experts extracting a further 5 horsepower and 3 more pounds per foot of torque. This was gained in detail evolution of the design, the side ports and two stage four barrel carb were carried over from the Rx3. Fuel injection was considered but it could not be made to work with the exhast thermal reactor required to sell the car in the USA.

The engine also had alterations to the apex seal, a new "crowned" design was introduced for more constant contact with the rotor chamber walls as the rotor ran its eccentric orbit. The seal also had crystalised tips made by using an electron beam to chill harden the seal edge, the materials technology was working its stealthy magic.

In addition the combustion chamber shape was alrered frm a deep symmetrical configuration to a "leading deep recess." The leading spark plug, (remember that there are 2 per rotor on the rotary engine) carried 3 rather than 2 electrodes and was advanced 5mm. The ignition alternated between single and dual plug operation and the trailing plug would also be switched off at part throttle to provide a richer mixture in the exhaust to keep the thermal reactor cooking to thye benefit of emmissions Both plugs fired at full throttle for increased power and smoother running.

Yet another emmissions trick was a pre-heater for air injected in to the thermal reactor, a heat exchanger in the exhaust warmed air from the air pump before feeding the warmed air into a twin walled exhaust section becoming ever warmer before entering the reactor.

originaly three transmissions were offered; a five speed, a four speed and a three speed automatic

from that website i put on there... its on the right side...

we'll see what the pictures say...

from the way doug talks... i think it could be imported... being as he talks about there only being 3 convertibles in the US and his is the only one left.

yea i dont know... i've tried to find this so much... and he swears its a 75... and that sight i found gives the savannah rx-7 a date of 75-78... and he claims it to be the only convertible left... i dont know... i hope to find out real soon.

Buy it

02PROTEGE2.0 said:
yea i dont know... i've tried to find this so much... and he swears its a 75... and that sight i found gives the savannah rx-7 a date of 75-78... and he claims it to be the only convertible left... i dont know... i hope to find out real soon.

Hello,

If you have been eyeing this car for years and longed to have it just as much then just buy it if the price is right and your finances permit. Its a car that you obviously have interst in and will enjoy owning, after all its a ROTARY! If it turns out to be something more special in way of "one of a kind" and/or rare then you'll be that much luckier and happier with your investment. From my readings I don't see any production RX7's prior to 78 and you mention convertible. I have never seen a convertible one. When will we see pictures.

regards

Max

According to Jack Yamaguchi and the official Mazda history of rotary vehicles project X605 and P642, which were the experimental 1st generation RX-7 cars, were not even finished until 1978.

There is NO such thing as a 1975 RX-7.

Back