100k Service requirements?

:
mazda
Other than engine oil, what services (preventive or otherwise) should I perform?
I bought it with 85k last year - been driving on freeway (hardly any local drive) - 1k at a time - now its hitting 100k.
Previous owner must have taken care from the look of the car but not Tranny or PS fluid.

Tranny flush & some coolant
Soon after buying, serviced Tranny flush at the dealer - they said that they did two oil changes to get the color right. Incidentally they also spilled some coolant (removed wrong hose) and filled it then.

PS flush
Now I am taking it for PS flush.

Brake Fluid Flush
: Planning on taking it to Sears

Sparks & Coolant?

I am lost here - car starts fine. Speculation is previous owner changed it around 70k - I have no idea.
Coolant?

Anything else?

Update:
2013 model Sport

Last edited:
What model year?
There is a section in the manual that goes over what service to perform at what mileage. Go by what the manual says and you're good to go.
Share the model year and I can look it up if you don't have the manual.

edit: I snooped in your post history and looks like you have a 2013

Transmission: No mention in the manual? Really, Mazda? Either I'm missing something or Mazda is very confident that the factory fluid is good for the warranty period. My preference is to drain and fill transmission fluid every 30K miles, never flush.
Coolant: Change at 120K Miles, then every 60K after that
Plugs: Replace every 75K miles
Brake and Power Steering Fluid: Manual says inspect only. (I like to flush brake fluid every 5ish years and replace whatever I can take out of the ps fluid reservoir using a turkey baster once a year)

Last edited:
What model year?

So your recommendations:
- Transmission: Drain and fill transmission fluid every 30K miles
- Coolant: Change at 120K Miles, then every 60K after that
- Plugs: Replace every 75K miles
- Brake Fluid: flush brake fluid every 5ish years
- Power Steering Fluid: ps fluid reservoir using a turkey baster once a year

Because there are 2 reservoirs for the PS in the 2013 model, how many ml can you take out? I believe I took only 250ml from both reservoirs by removing the top reservoir - its risky to the hose doing this way. Is it possible to insert a narrow tube that will reach the bottom reservoir through 90 degree bend - what size tube will do this?

ATF, 30k drain and fill - is it too soon?

Last edited:
How about these?:
- fuel filter
- thermostat
- water pump
- PCV valve is hard to reach - considered lifetime

Back