100K MP5 Club

TurboTodd

Both feet in
:
2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring
If I had three days where I could have the car down, I have the ability and tools to do the job. I just don't have the time. I may look around at other shops that I feel would do a good job without me having to take the car back in to have issues resolved after the repair. I mean, 180,000 plus miles, and I don't want a string of issues to rear their head due to a shoddy job on the belt change. I agree, $900 seems a bit much, but then again, I also have a Lexus, so I know about high $$ estimates.

Todd

CTt3P5

TAD
Contributor
:
2008 MX-5 SE
^^^Nice Pixy.....I will go over 95k on my way home tonight. Only 5k more to go.

-pixy-

Needs a nap.
Contributor
:
P5, 5 & 3
i knew I was gonna hit 100k today on the way to work, so i brought my camera :)

conveniently it rolled as a approached a red light.

Diehonda

Hard as woodpecker lips
damn, how is she runnin?

*Franticly looks for a piece of wood to knock.*

Solid. The only things that I have ever had to fix or replace(due to failure) is the ignition coils, went to 1.8 ignition coil and wires; the first cat, so I got a header; a fog light, so I got a set of 380K candlepower fogs for $30; and two calipers that seized, replaced with OEM. I'd say that isn't bad at all considering I drive 1K miles per week for work and country roads on the weekends.

Love it enough to be looking for a 6 for the wifey. Time for her to part ways with her Yota.

Reitrof

Contributor
:
2008 Miata PRHT; 2018 3
Pixy, welcome to the club. Jeff sounds like you will be there soon. Few more trips to NEPOC land will fix that.

DieHonda that is amazing, definitely get a pic.

Don Juan

02 P5 Parts Search
:
2002 Protege 5
Crashed at 95,157 5 months ago, I should have been there by now. She should be back on the road in a month, can't wait to get there!

One battery
A set of pads
Some oil
A hood
One fender
A headlight
And lots of miles to go

TreFlip999

PS!
Contributor
Potential Scammer!
:
2003 Yellow Beast
Crashed at 95,157 5 months ago, I should have been there by now. She should be back on the road in a month, can't wait to get there!

One battery
A set of pads
Some oil
A hood
One fender
A headlight
And lots of miles to go
A month..wow...thats a long time...Well, I havent drove mine for 6 now and i cant wait until next week and i get knock the carbon bulid up right off the fuel injectors

Don Juan

02 P5 Parts Search
:
2002 Protege 5
A month..wow...thats a long time...Well, I havent drove mine for 6 now and i cant wait until next week and i get knock the carbon bulid up right off the fuel injectors
No, no. MONTHS, it's prob. been about 3 or 4.
I drive close to 500 miles a week, that's just to work and back.

bigdp5

Car-nuts!!
:
'90 Miata, Crystal White
Not driving as much as before, but as of this moment there is 187,609 on the odo. Had a blast this past weekend following a sport bike for about 30 miles down I-75. I hit a speedometer indicated 126mph on one stretch, although for the 30 mile stretch we didn't drop below 100mph. It was early early on Sunday morning. I stayed roughly 15-20 car lengths behind him in very light traffic if any at all. No racing involved just autobahn halucinations. Bad, I know. Stupid, yep. Fun, of course. My wife wasn't happy. Anyways, the car is running great. No oil burnage of any kind, the body is still tight. No complaints. Later.

THE Phen

Phenda Bear
:
2013 Abarth, 2004 MSM - FM, '74 BMW Bavaria, 97 Civic EX B18C1
115k on mine now after the Atlantic City Speed Circuit meet last weekend.

Reitrof

Contributor
:
2008 Miata PRHT; 2018 3
Will be putting on some more Thanksgiving week. Up to Canada looking at some Universities for my daughter.