100K MP5 Club

ZZZOOM!

Flowin like water
I just broke 100k miles on a 2002 mp5. Anyone else?

Remember the Blues brothers movie when they pull up to the tax office in Chicago and the car comes apart into a hundred pieces?? well, I have duct tape ready.....
 

xelderx

Zoom Zoom Boom X 3
I've got right at 117,000 on mine. 3 years ago my drive to work went from 1 hour to 5 minutes. That helped keep the milage a little lower.
 

ZZZOOM!

Flowin like water
I need to redo the valve cover gasket which means I may as well change my belts which means I may as well change my timing belt (its due) which means I may as well take the head off and totally rebuild the top end polishing/porting the head which means I may as well do some light boring and put some pistons in there which means I may as well go with a different cam which means I may as well go turbo... Sounds like a good plan. I havent completely installed my exhaust yet (on order) but things are a haapinin fast! Hehe my wife is very happy that I bought an "economical" car. (evil grin) oops..
 
Last edited:

xelderx

Zoom Zoom Boom X 3
ZZZOOM! said:
I need to redo the valve cover gasket which means I may as well change my belts which means I may as well change my timing belt (its due) which means I may as well take the head off and totally rebuild the top end polishing/porting the head which means I may as well do some light boring and put some pistons in there which means I may as well go with a different cam which means I may as well go turbo... Sounds like a good plan. I havent completely installed my exhaust yet (on order) but things are a haapinin fast! Hehe my wife is very happy that I bought an "economical" car. (evil grin) oops..
You can't rebuild the bottom end while it's still hooked to the tranny unless you drill some holes in the bellhousing to access 2 screws that hold the windage tray on that are only accessable with the transmission seperate from the motor.
 

y0sky

My old yellow msp5 RIP
:
2003 Black Mica MSP
xelderx said:
I've got right at 117,000 on mine. 3 years ago my drive to work went from 1 hour to 5 minutes. That helped keep the milage a little lower.

What motor is that on though. My motor only had like 40,000 miles on it when we swapped.
 

ZZZOOM!

Flowin like water
xelderx said:
You can't rebuild the bottom end while it's still hooked to the tranny unless you drill some holes in the bellhousing to access 2 screws that hold the windage tray on that are only accessable with the transmission seperate from the motor.
Thanks! It will probably be at least 3 more months before I seriously go into that. I'll try not to whine too much when I get there.

PNFNJ: 103,147 miles!!!
 
Last edited:

xelderx

Zoom Zoom Boom X 3
y0sky said:
What motor is that on though. My motor only had like 40,000 miles on it when we swapped.
3rd motor...still on original tranny though. Your motor is setting on a shelf in the garage.
 
:
03.5 YLW MSP
I'm a little over 142K on orig motor and tranny and still runnign strong.... dont get me wroung the car has a few quirks about it but nothing major.
 

ChopstickHero

zoom zoom, eh?
Contributor
:
2003 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2000 Miata
sold my P5 at like 120,000km ... not quite 100k miles though... but still over a 100k mark.. haha
 

sickpro5

Playing wit the Euro's
:
2002.5 Mazda Pro5
i must not drive enough...02' with 50k on it...original motor and tranny.....well Im traveling from kansas to Florida in about 2 weeks so that should bump me up a bit.
 

TurboTodd

Both feet in
:
2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring
Rolled past 160,000 miles on Sunday.

Replaced tires (on 5th set), battery (once), brakepads (once, around 145K miles), headlights a couple of times (always fail in pairs, strange)..

Everything else is original.
 
:
03.5 YLW MSP
TurboTodd said:
Rolled past 160,000 miles on Sunday.

Replaced tires (on 5th set), battery (once), brakepads (once, around 145K miles), headlights a couple of times (always fail in pairs, strange)..

Everything else is original.
Nice I just rolled up on 146k. replaced all 4 rotors with d/s and posi quite cermic pads. My gf toasted my rear rotors and pads by driving roughly 8 miles with the d-brake on! lol

I can't speak for tires expect that the car is on the 3rd set that im aware of by the recourds that I have found in the glove box (purchased used). Battery has been replaced once. Other then that its all stock other then what I have upgraded.

P.S. is your a ATx or MTX? If ATX do you drive it like its stolen or granny it? Has the tranny needed any work other then flushes?
 

xelderx

Zoom Zoom Boom X 3
I'm glad to see I'm not at the top of this ladder any more. I think Linuxracer and I were two of the first to 100,000. His was in an MP3 so he had a few months head start on me. I'm at 120,000 now. Things have slowed down now that I live 3 miles from work instead of 60 miles and I have 2 cars.
 

jadonP5

wagons bitch.
:
02 P5 22V
TurboTodd said:
Rolled past 160,000 miles on Sunday.

Replaced tires (on 5th set), battery (once), brakepads (once, around 145K miles), headlights a couple of times (always fail in pairs, strange)..

Everything else is original.
brakes @ 145K!? that's crazy! you must not brake very much.
 
Top