0pics of the p5 i might soon buy

:
03.5 Msp
so here are pics and a small description of included items if i purchase it from a friend of mine , he is going to swap the tranny since it pops out of 3rd gear
would like some advice , im highly considering the car but some input would be nice

Thanks in advance

and to the mods sorry for so many pics

here are some of the things included

* kartboy short shifter
* tein lowering springs
*obx 4-2-1
*corksport power series exhaust
*apexi neo a.f.c ( not turned )
*aem short ram imtake
*magnecor spark plug wires
*17 black tsw rims with nexen tires 205/40
*5% tints all around , except front windshield
*7 " jensen indash with mp3 connector

P4240182.jpg

P4240176.jpg

P4240177.jpg

P4240178.jpg

P4240179.jpg

P4240180.jpg

P4240181.jpg

P4240186.jpg

P4240184.jpg

P4240185.jpg

P4240183.jpg

P4240201.jpg

P4240199-1.jpg

some pics of the interior

P4240198.jpg

P4240197.jpg

P4240195.jpg

P4240190.jpg

P4240187.jpg

P4240189.jpg

P4240188.jpg

P4240193.jpg

P4240191.jpg

P4240192.jpg

pops in third gear?........it looks "used" even if hes replacing the tranny im sure other things in there have been "abused" ya save you money for more mods but i always perfer buying something mint like from someone who used it as a commuted car...thats just me tho

yeah even for a vivid yellow that paint is in terrible condition.

the vivid yellow p5s for some reason got a single stage paint job, and a notorious for clear coat failure as well as rust issues depending on climate.

whats the asking price?

I hope that is really cheap... the mods are tasteful but the car as a whole looks like it needs some attention.

Get a good deal if you get it. Add to the list blacked out headlights, interior "patina" and melted rear bumper. Talk him down, just because he's a friend don't do him any favors!

Get a good deal if you get it. Add to the list blacked out headlights, interior "patina" and melted rear bumper. Talk him down, just because he's a friend don't do him any favors!

+1 on the melted rear bumper...honestly, the rims are nice, but it looks like it's been run hard, and my guess is that with almost 100k on the odom, it's due for some serious breakages/maintenance. I would say save the money and get a more gently used P5, then mod like crazy...(drive2)

looks really rough......if it's from a friend it may be better for you to avoid it.....it would suck if you bought it only to have it give out a week later

Also, while a person who owns a car has a right to do whatever they want to it (like rattle can the interior and the wheels) you really should deduct $ for that.
First off it makes it impossible to resell, second, it doesn't look all that good because it's his style (unless it's 100% your style too). Good luck taking it for a trade in when you are older and ready for another car.

So if you get it for like $3k, and you have $1000 for maintenance, it's probably ok. Other than that, I'd venture to guess it's been ragged to H3ll and oil changes probably stretched the guy's budget. But that's just gut feeling stuff not knowing anything about him.

trust me its just pollen and dirt , the car is clean its just , hes a lazy ass **** tard and he said it him self , the only time he got near to cleaning th car was when the neighbor splashed water on his car el oh el

the car rides nice , just need spaces since it was lowered , also everything works , windows go up and down flawlessly , sunroof opens all the way , and i agree it looks dirty as hell but i hope he cleans it , if anything ill splash water when hes not looking >_>

hes asking 4,500 which is pretty decent , since over here iv only found one p5 that cheap and it had over 105k miles and was black ( looked nice ) but the ad seemed funny. my friend says he changes over every 3k miles also he said that he got tired of the car so he just doesnt car as much as he used to and the rims , there lighter then what they look like in the pic , there dirty as hell

and im sure he ran the car hard , who wouldent but the car does ( in person ) feel and seem to have its stiff structure

just to inform you the afc neo wont work with the p5 the ecu will learn around it

really ? im just about to learn about computer tunning , how about if i change the ecu what other ecu will work

thanks

also his check engine light is on , he mentioned that since the a-f ratio is higher the ecu turns the light on

Last edited:
really ? im just about to learn about computer tunning , how about if i change the ecu what other ecu will work

thanks

also his check engine light is on , he mentioned that since the a-f ratio is higher the ecu turns the light on

it dosent matter if you change out to a mp3 ecu the ecu will still learn around it

and how does he know what causing the check engine light? sounds like your friends trying to **** u over. tell him to take you to autozone and have them run the code

and how does he know what causing the check engine light? sounds like your friends trying to **** u over. tell him to take you to autozone and have them run the code

ever since he put afc on it lit up but if anything at school we can use the diagnosis computer and see why , i think he mentioned he did get the light checked , not sure

the vivid yellow p5s for some reason got a single stage paint job, and a notorious for clear coat failure
Dude..thats like an oxymoron...If its single stage...It doesn't have a clear coat....Hence the Name.

Single stage is just that....Base/Clear is what most cars have now'a'days.

Back