Need Replacement Wheel Lock key

:
2023 CX5 Turbo
I just purchased a used 2016 CX-5 GT that came with the factory wheel locks. I just took a look and I can't find the locking wheel lug key anywhere. Is it possible to just purchase a new wheel lock key? It appears the wheel lock lug set is Mazda part 0000-88-120D-BP. Can anyone confirm and is this a universal part number?

The Mazda wheel locks are made by McGuard. Each set has a unique key, so even though there is a limit to how many different keys there can be, there is no good way to order the right key. I store my key in the foam stuff that surrounds the spare, so be sure to check all around there including under the spare. All that said, my Mazda wheel locks came packed with a card with unique codes printed on it to be able to order a new key if the need arises. Check with all of the papers that came with the vehicle to see if you have such a card. Also, the card had a mail-in portion that allowed you to register your wheel locks with McGuard. It's possible that the locks are already registered in which case you might be able to get a key. McGuard has a toll free number you can call to see what your options are: 1-800-444-5847 (or direct: 716-662-8980). If all of this fails, do what wheel thieves do: find a sacrificial 12-point socket that is just slightly smaller than the fat portion of the lock, hammer it onto the lock so that it grips and then back off the lug nut! Then buy a new set if you still want them on, or just replace with OEM lug nuts. Hope this helps.

exactly what minnesotaart said....

Any reputable tire/wheel shop will have a tool to pound over and extract the "LOCK". This destroys the lock, but honestly, do you need a lock on the wheels? It only slows down the GOOD guys. (poke)

Socket wrench + hammered on socket you don't care about and its off. Wheel locks are garbage.

Thanks all. That's what I just did. Took all of ten minutes. I just went ahead and bought four standard lugs from Autozone to replace them.

Back