Search results

1. A

Inner tie rods

Hi, I'm going to install new inner tie-rods this week end and was wondering if anyone had any advice. I looked in the manual and it doesn't look too hard. Thanks!
  2. A

Advice on rear brakes

Hi, my rear rotors+pads are due and I saw this kit: http://www.cyberbrake.com/Mazda/Protege5/02-03/K-SMD892-540060442.html Anyone knows about this company? Price is good I believe, because I was quoted 36$/each rotor and 89$ for the pads from a shop here locally. Thanks!
  3. A

Vibration/shaking at highway speeds

Hi, I know thereare some post on this subject, but I couldn't seem to find a definite answer to my problem. I'm getting vibration at highway speeds (60mph+). The weird thing is, sometimes I don't have them. For example, I took my P5 for a spin at lunchtime and got on the highway and the...
  4. A

Engine oil

Hi, quick question: I'm close to my first oil change on the P5 and I was wondering what's best to put in? I have a sticker on the engine that says "Elf Synthetic. Use only Elf Synthetic Oil." I'm guessing I can use any synthetic, but what would be best for the harsh climate up here in Quebec...
  5. A

My little morning story on P5 handling

Hi all, just wanted to share what happened to me this morning with my P5. I stopped to get coffee at Tim Hortons this morning and getting back on the road, I'm at this red light, and turning right. The street I was getting on has 3 lanes and the right one merges with the center one after about...
  6. A

Stock Protege 5 Head Unit Radio CD-Player

So, I just took this off my P5 and checking if anyone wants it. I'm in Quebec, so local pick up is prefered, but I can ship too. I don't really know the value for this, so let's say 50$, but I'm pretty open to offers.
  7. A

Sqeaking in front when shifting

Hi all, I have a little worry and I don't know where it's coming from. I hear a squaking sound coming from the front end whenever I shift gears or play with the gas pedal, as if something was moving up front. Any ideas where it might be coming from. The car drives fine, but it just drives me...
  8. A

New to forum and just got a 03 P5 yesterday

Hi, Just wanted to say hi and let you know there's one more P5 in the family. Got mine yesterday from a dealer and I just love it! Pics soon!!
Back