Search results

1. 0

anyone whos ever seafoamed an rx8 please comment.

Just went through the headache of terribly flooded motor. Hopefully my gf has learned her lesson this time she didnt take me serious when i was tellin her how to take care of the thing. 90,000 miles this damn thing is still kickin strong. I deflooded it and changed the plugs again, which i just...
  2. 0

what's the deal with scanning an rx8

I searched kiwi and everything else I can't find anything. Just discovered my genesis can't communicate with the rx8's ecu. My girlfriend came home last night saying the cel came on. Can someone educate me on this cars ecu. Do they just require a software update on most scanners or is this a...
  3. 0

Mp3 partout!! Fs-ze engine & aftermarket parts up for grabs. Complete partout.

***UPDATED 9/19/12*** !!PRICES CUT!! MAKE ME SOME OFFERS IM READY TO SEND THE CAR TO THE CRUSHER LOCAL PICKUP ONLY!! ON BUMPERS,FENDERS, BLOCK & HEAD - It has gotten incredibly annoying to get quotes for this stuff and the prices im getting are more than what im asking for these parts. If your...
  4. 0

To Sell The MP3....or to part it out?

Decided to get rid of it. We replaced it with an rx8 and adding that car to the policy i dont wanna keep 3 cars on the road. I would like to recoup as much of the money ive put into this car as possible. excellent running conditiong, fs-ze(FS9 cams) 150k. ac leak at the receiver drier and...
  5. 0

Phantom Rotational Noise....sounds like wheel bearing, feel free to chime in

Lately the car has had a noise, that I wouldnt describe as a humming(like wheel bearing), moreso kindof a grinding. I dont know, that sounded stupid but ive never heard an actual wheel bearing sound like this. Both wheels have zero play, is it possible to have bearing issues with no play in the...
  6. 0

Anyone ever got through emissions with an fs-ze? im running an mp3 ecu

i get an egr cel every so often, planned on resetting it before i go for emissions. my question is has anyone ever actually passed smog if they put you on the rollers. 2nd thing is with my rsx type-s, they didnt even do that, they just hooked the scan tool up to it. so im not sure if that...
  7. 0

215/45/R17 anyone ever used that size on an mp3? need answers quick

trying to find some used tires to get me by for a little bit and im only able to find 215's. Ive never been a big wheel/tire fitment guy i just put what belongs on there. i really need them for the front too. not much of a different i wouldnt think. i went up from 215's to 225's on my rsx...
  8. 0

Mp3 garage sale! Ss-afc/oem manifold w-precat/ac compressor/ mp3 engine cover

SPLIT SECOND AIR FUEL CONTROLLER(PSC1) W/ 9-PIN TO USB SERIAL CABLE- Brand new in box, never been used, comes with all installation hardware, instructions, and R4 software disc. Comes with serial cable to connect ecu to laptop ($45 value) this does not come with the ecu when you buy it new...
  9. 0

tie rod seized to spindle

Anyone ever seen this. I havent. Went to do some suspension work today. On the driver side the damn tie rod is like jammed into the spindle...like whoever put them on decided to beat them into the spindle so the rod would stop spinning so they could tighten it(my theory). Cause the other side i...
  10. 0

sunpro a/f gauge. why cant i get it to work? please read

4 wires to this thing. My ground couldnt be any better, right to the plate on the side of the head where other factory grounds already are. Im getting power from power window ckt in cabin fuse box, i have voltage there. I spliced into the turn signal/running light ckt right from the headlight...
  11. 0

fs-ze what computer to use?

Ive been running the fs-ze off the mp3 ecu for the meantime until i can find an ecu solu tion. Cant i just use a air/fuel controller to tune this motor like the split second a/f controller? Haltech and megasquirt just seem overboard for an n/a fs-ze
  12. 0

WTB - rear struts and motor mounts for an 01 mp3

Lemme know what you got. I'll take some rear endlinks and control arms if anyone has em also
  13. 0

Production numbers?

How do all you guys know which # your mp3 is off the assembly line? I see everyones got it in their sig. last 3 digits of the vin?
  14. 0

MP3 intake manifold - complete w/ fuel rail, injectors & throttle body

SOLD to Rubberspoiler -Close thread
  15. 0

Finished FS-ZE swap today in my 01 mp3.

I have a few questions that came up during this project. I came across this article on protegefaq because i was trying to figure out where these FS9 cams came from. when i got my FS-ZE i opened the valve cover up to find both intake and exhaust cams were marked FS9. The swap is up and running...
  16. 0

Where can I buy an EGR tube?

need an egr tube for an 01' mp3.
  17. 0

WTB - crank pulley & crank position sensor for 2.0l fs-de

need a used crank pulley & crank position sensor for an 01 mp3.
  18. 0

whats the difference in the protege 2.0 block and mp3 block

Reason i ask is due to the outrageous prices im finding on mp3 engines i was just gonna buy a regular 2.0l protege shortblock and swap heads. I bought an mp3 with a bad knock in the bottom end. Ive found there is limited information available on these cars, just looking for a little insight...
Back