Search results

1. G

Need help looking for new or used exhaust mani

I have a stock Callaway manifold in my garage, I replaced it because one of the studs broke off and it was leaking at that point. Manifold flange is straight and no visible cracks can be seen. I Replaced it with a Steedspeed and ARP hardware. Let me know if you are interested still
  2. G

Replacement exhaust hangers??

I had kartboy hangers on my msp. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. G

Help! MSP just developed a big problem

Flashing CEL is really bad. Do not drive the car while its flashing, stop immediately and turn off the car if it happens again. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. G

MSP for sale

Car was sold today.
  5. G

MSP for sale

Just bought a new car, and have my MSP for sale. http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1059846132
  6. G

Calgary mazdas?

2003.5 Titanium MSP checking in. I am in the market for a new car, and will be selling the MSP within 12 months. I have some parts that will be for sale in the future, let me know if you are interested. I would hate to see these parts go to the junk yard. -SteedSpeed Exhaust Mani V3 with ARP...
  7. G

Hit a pothole and now....

I would check all the plumbing from the intake to the throttle body.
  8. G

Another build thread...OMG!!

Pretty sure I seen you driving on Beddington on Sunday, was like whoa thats a clean spicy!
  9. G

Over boosting and recirculation

To test the bypass valve you'll need to pressurize it to ~7psi and see if it opens. Im not sure how else but there could be other ways. Boost spike can be dependent on many factors, such as type of WGA (stock vs ATP vs Forge Vs faulty WGA), ambient temperature, gear, exhaust size, leaks in...
  10. G

Over boosting and recirculation

The turkey is typically the result of a cold air intake, it is also present in stock form but the stock airbox muffles the sound. I have never heard of the turkey sound being caused by a faulty WGA in my 12 years of ownership. Im assuming the car has a CAI?
  11. G

Turbohoses SMIC kit

I haven't driven a FMIC setup so I don't know for sure, but the piping on the SMIC is very short and the IC itself is smaller so there is less time required to pressurize the setup. The stock SMIC drops approximately 1-1.5 PSI (the inlet might be at 8psi but by the time the air travels trough...
  12. G

Turbohoses SMIC kit

The Turbohoses SMIC was the first mod for my MSP back in 2005, and is a very good upgrade. I run 8 psi, and never notice the heat soak. I like how it improved my throttle response and allows me to downshift less in the slower turns as it breathes so much better than stock. I also use a Steed...
  13. G

Best first engine mod?

THe biggest weakness on the MSP is the intercooler and midpipe. The stock intercooler drops a couple psi from its inlet to outlet, and the midpipe has a 1" pipe connecting the catalytic converters. Replacing either of these is the best place to start, and then get some kind of tune and you are...
  14. G

need more power!

My first mod was a Turbo Hose SMIC and Forge bpv, which provided a huge increase in drivability. After the installation of a 2.5" mid pipe (with high flow cat) things got much better. The JDM Sam tuned Unichip was the icing on the cake. Three years later, things got much better with the newly...
  15. G

wanted. protege5 drop springs

I have a set of used MSP springs, used for 110,000km. $50 if you want them. Ive seen pics of a P5 with MSP springs and it looked good, very modest drop.
  16. G

What have you done to your MSP today?

Protege Garage always sucked in my opinion, glad I can say that now without being slapped on the wrist.
  17. G

How Much Camber Do You Run?

My car rubs a little in the rear as I just installed lowering springs, and I would like to adjust the camber in the rear as little as possible to get rid of this problem when I get my wheel alignment done in the next couple weeks. So, how much camber do you run and how does it affect your tire...
  18. G

README: Stock MSP Stereo Warranty / Issues / Upgrades

Did you check the fuse in the back of the head unit? If not, pull it out and check.
  19. G

What have you done to your MSP today?

Drove my car to work with a newly installed Steedspeed manifold (latest design), new o2 sensor and WGA. It was nice to kick the P0131 in the nuts.
  20. G

blitz SBC I-D over boost

On my Greddy Profec, it uses the SET function to control the % of boost increase, GAIN controls how fast the turbo spools, and SET GAIN is the point in which it starts boosting. To control spikes on the Greddy I turn up the SET GAIN (to about 3 lbs) and reduce the GAIN. There is a really good...
Back