Search results

1. R

Sad News

Sorry to hear, man. Thoughts and prayers go out to Tim and his family.
  2. R

140 whp on rebuild goal possible?

That sounds possible with that setup, give or take a few ponies. Just the increase in compression will ad some HP
  3. R

What have you done to your P5 today?

Yes, it actually looks like the LED's will run best around an 1/8W 470 Ohm resistor. The push-in ones you buy from superbrightled's are basically a super-tiny circuit board with the diodes and resistor all built in. I do have resistors soldered in to the back of my Bose deck in my Maxima to...
  4. R

Don't know, but the cluster lights run somewhere around a 480 Ohm resistor I believe.
  5. R

This is how I did up my Maxima recently:
  6. R

Dash Lights

This is what I did to my Maxima in the last couple months and what I get to look at every morning now. I know, I know, I'm totally showing off, but I frackin' love it! :D
  7. R

Dash Lights

I ordered 2 of these: 2 | WLED-xHP5: 194 LED Bulb - 5 SMD LED Wide Angle Wedge Base| $ 5.95 | WLED-RHP5: Red The 74's I believe will be ever so slightly small but will work. My 74's I had custom made by a friend of mine with an integrated resistor and everything is hard-wired into the...
  8. R

That's correct. I ordered 2 of these: 2 | WLED-xHP5: 194 LED Bulb - 5 SMD LED Wide Angle Wedge Base| $ 5.95 | WLED-RHP5: Red The 74's I believe will be ever so slightly small but will work. My 74's I had custom made by a friend of mine with an integrated resistor and everything is...
  9. R

Dash Lights

Yes, LED's are dimmable. They are however, just right at full brightness. :D
  10. R

Dash Lights

Saw this and figured I'd post. It took me all of 15 minutes to change my cluster bulbs out to LED's and I did not have to unplug the cluster harnesses. The cluster will sit nicely sideways on top of the steering wheel and give you easy access to the bulbs. Just be careful to not drop them...
  11. R

Don't post much, but this one is worth posting. Installed a set of 6K HID low beams (HUGE PITA!) and installed some awesome LED's in the instrument cluster: Before: After:
  12. R

Reposting here too. Not trying to troll... Wanted to re-introduce myself. It's been since December that I've logged in. Still have our P5 and she's running great. Had to replace a coil and the VC gasket. While I had the VC off, I sanded it down and painted it red to match the P5 and then...
  13. R

Protege5: Harder, not Smarter!

Wanted to re-introduce myself. It's been since December that I've logged in. Still have our P5 and she's running great. Had to replace a coil and the VC gasket. While I had the VC off, I sanded it down and painted it red to match the P5 and then sanded the words down to a shine. Looks...
  14. R

Mazda 6 Brake upgrade

Is this rears only, or front and rears?
  15. R

Protege5 - How many miles have you gone before changing the timing belt?

I have 123K on mine and will be doing the timing belt this year as well. Thankfully, I almost never drive it, my wife does. That means it almost never sees over 3K RPM's.... My truck, that I drive every day, doesn't either, but it's a diesel and redlines at 3300 anyway!
  16. R

Can i strech tires on a 17x6.5 ? HELP

Hella nice looking!
  17. R

Squeeky belt noise upon start-up and while car cold and rust questions...

Is it true? Are the FS motors non-interference engines? That would be really really awesome!
  18. R

How to Clean Air Idle Control Valve?

If I remember correctly on mine it had 4 philips screws on it that were rock hard on the TB and I needed to use one of those tools with a philips head on it that you hit with a hammer to unscrew them. Works like a charm and keeps the screws from getting buggered up. There is a really funky...
  19. R

Auto P5 for a 5 speed P5?????

What is the lenchtech VB?
  20. R

Thinking of buying a P5...any advice?

These motors are about as bullet proof as the Toyota motors. I've heard those 2.2's blow head gaskets a lot like other Toyotas though. Mine has 122K and runs perfect. They're not really powerful, especially with the auto, but they will run a long long time provided you do basic maintenance.
Back