Search results

1. T

Looking for another one

I miss my protege and am in the market for another one. If anyone sees a local yellow MP3 or orange or yellow msp for a reasonable price let me know. Bonus points for a spicy I've found a couple but they have been modded a good bit and more than likely ragged out. Or total rust buckets Willing...
  2. T

Broken seat?

Sat down in my 2010 mazda 3 the other day and heard a pop and the seat was loose, I figured the bolt somehow backed out of the rail and came out ( the amount of stupid s*** I've had break on this car is rediculous and god forbid mazda actually cover it under warranty) any ways I pulled the seat...
  3. T

Welding an open diff on fwd

I've seen a wide range of opinions on this from stupid to great. Does anyone know how it will work out? Car will mostly be tracked but will see some street use if it was track only I wouldn't think twice about it but safety is a concern for myself and others. I don't expect the trans to last...
  4. T

Suspension upgrades

I have a 2010 Mazda 3 hatch that doesn't handle worth a s***. I came from a protege mp3 which spoiled me. What are you guys doing to help with handling? It sits too low to lower it ( even with the ridiculous amount of wheel gap it has) already have scraping issues in some areas. How much do the...
  5. T

What waste gate?

Trying to figure out what waste gate I need from what I've seen they're all different. I have a Garrett gt28 .86 ar
  6. T

Burning oil

2010 mazda 3 hatch 2.5 auto is burning a quart of oil in between changes. First noticed it while using 5-20 so I put 5-30 in it with the same results. Car only has 39k and isn't beat on by any means. Is there a reason for this? Would going to synthetic help? I didn't over pay for a "certified"...
  7. T

Will they fit?

Came across a deal I don't want to pass up. Rims are 19x8/10 with a +25 offset. Stock suspension on a 2nd gen. Really don't want to let the deal fall through because I will only have about $300 tied up into them I know absolutely nothing about wheel figment other than most people run +40 or...
  8. T

Nissan turbo garret or eBay?

Couple red flags and green flags on this and figured I would ask the experts Major red flag- no garret markings at all. in the plate it just has Nissan, gt28, serial number. Most Nissan and garret turbos have garret on them from what I've seen. But the name plate looks pretty old Seems to be...
  9. T

Msp reliability

I know this has been asked alot but this is a bit different. I've been wanting another protege but refuse to get a base model or another mp3. My job is extremely hard on cars. It killed the turbo on my 323 and finished off the mp3. I go store to store, car may sit for 30 minutes to 3-4 hours...
  10. T

Wtb fsde in Virginia or surrounding states

As title states, need a good one soon. As in yesterday
  11. T

Spun rod bearing, no metal in oil?

Well it finally happened, and somehow still made it home 99.9% sure it's a spun rod bearing, very loud knock rpm and throttle related. Will not idle just cuts off and struggles to start back up. I've had a lifter tick for a couple years now, recently started getting louder. I was going to pull...
  12. T

How much damage can a ticking lifter do?

I've had a lifter tick for a few years now with no issues, just did it above 3500 rpms or so and on cold starts. Over the past 2 months its gotten way louder. So loud I thought it was a rod bearing. Did an oil change stuck a magnet in the old oil and in the pan and there is no metal. It now...
  13. T

Certified pre owned information needed

Bought my 3 not even 3 weeks ago, it was certified and has bumper to bumper warranty till 100k or October 2016 Yesterday I made a 400 mile round trip to pick up my brother. While he was looking at it he noticed the rear tire has a broken belt. Called Mazda USA on my way home and they said they...
  14. T

bad mpg with cruise and mid issues

Why is it that I can get better mpg without cruise control? I live in a semi hilly area but I can get 16 mpg going up a hill while cruise gets around 12. It also doesn't seem to coast going down hill I haven't seen it get above 54 mpg while I get 99.9. Also the little mid thing piss me off with...
  15. T

Grinding down shifting into 2nd?

Any one have this issue? I know the synchro is bad as it will grind going 1st to 2nd above 4500 rpms but its never done it down shifting, I'm really confused that its doing it even doing slowing down from 15-20 mph. I could see it if I was being hard on it but not babying it through the city
  16. T

Finally got one!

Picked up my new to me 3 hatch today after looking since October. It will be added to my little Mazda family with my mp3 and 323 gtx
  17. T

Quick question on Mazda 3 pricing

Anyone have a clue as to why the price on the Mazda 3 varies so much? Just an example I've seen multiple 2010-2012 with wildly varying miles from 20k to 60k all for $15k. Tried showing a local dealer this to talk them down on a price of one but they "over paid" for it (bs IMO) and wanted 18900...
  18. T

Kyb gr2 with racing beat rear sway bar?

Anyone have issues with breaking mounting tabs for the sway bar on gr2s? Finally getting around to pulling the junk Monroe's off the rear of mine and just wondering if I should add a little support to them or not
  19. T

Msp sub setup

Looking into replacing my 2 12s with the msp setup to save trunk space. I have the stock kenwoods in the rear deck in my mp3 will I be able to use the msp sub with it? I know it mounts to the top of it but I'm not sure if there's enough room with the speakers in the rear deck since the msp had...
  20. T

Clutch issue, need help ASAP

Not sure what happened but all of it happend today. Earlier clutch lost pressure while shifting to 2nd pedal came up very slowly. Had about half a pedal of play pumped it a couple times and it was fine drove about 3 miles no issues. Car sat for about 90 minutes pushed clutch in and put it in...
Back