Search results

1. T

Rear view camera install on 1st gen Mazda5 2010

7 years later, this thread came back from the dead! Glad people are still referencing what was done 12 long years ago. I do not recall exactly what I did to get the wire around the hatch back then so I cant offer much more insight than you've already read. I know it was not impossible and there...
  2. T

What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

Look on Mazda 24/7 forum. I did the first write up on it.
  3. T

Really its the cylinder shutdown that's doing it. There isn't much mileage to be found these days with fuel injection and constant mixture corrections. Shutting down cylinders to make a 1.75L 3 cylinder will dramatically improve things as long as you are easy on it. I always felt that mileage...
  4. T

Frankly the 5 never impressed me on fuel economy. 33 is nothing to scoff at but here's a good run I got from my 2016 Pilot. That's 1000 lbs heavier with a 3.5L V6 and AWD. The computer has been shown to lie a bit but it's still an honest 30+.
  5. T

Don't waste your money on refinishing rotors. They are so cheap that it doesn't pay when you consider your time and effort to take them to the store.
  6. T

You are very welcome! Glad you found some things useful that I contributed. Sounds like you've been really busy trying to give someone a nice reliable ride, good luck with it!
  7. T

I honestly don't know the numbers because when I ordered they were for the Mazdaspeed 3 rear sway bar not OEM and my car was a 09 anyway. I'm sure you can't really go wrong, I remember that the 2012 and up cars used a new part number and was updated for better life. There should be numerous...
  8. T

I went with oem. I tried Moog poly ones but they started making noise in a few months and I didn't want to keep greasing them all the time.
  9. T

Definitely the bushings. It's so cheap and easy you should change it out just because.
  10. T

No problem, It's not like I have my 5 anymore anyway! Very cool swap, I always considered something like that because I hated the 5 seats but never got to it. Fwiw, I'm the guy that pioneered the washer idea to raise the front :)
  11. T

Mazda5 real-world Mileage numbers

Here's my summary from Carango over the life of ownership. Decent for it's mostly City driving life but not as good as the window sticker suggested. Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
  12. T

You may be the first in the US to do this! Does your state allow unbelted adults in the back row? That's probably the biggest hurdle unless you can use latch anchors for a car seat in the middle. Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
  13. T

More importantly, where did you source the parts and how much should you expect to pay for it?
  14. T

Pic please! What modification did you need to do? Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
  15. T

Heated Mirror Retrofit to Sport and Touring Models

That sucks! It's on with the rear defroster circuit if that helps with the wiring. I'm surprised they shorted the wiring on the main harness, seems more expensive to have 2 main harnesses but I guess they don't sell as many top trims to justify it. Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
  16. T

I used a 5" hole saw to make a filter access hole on my 09. Very silly they didn't consider it themselves.
  17. T

It's not that bad honestly! Must have been changed before. This was mine at 20k
  18. T

Post pics of your Mazda5

Zedd sl5 or something like that I believe. Edit: Or it's those down there ;)
  19. T

Cleaning out the garage sale!

Sorry not sure why this is in this section. Everything is gone but the rear view mirror and tail light, I'll update it.
  20. T

You might want to edit that post a bit, seems to be a bit of an editing mess lol. Glad you got it sorted finally, I think Moog makes a crappy product personally, I had trouble with new links failing as well.
Back