Search results

1. Z

Automatic to Sport AT Conversion -Possible?

I have a 2003 Protege with an Automatic transmission. I really love the Sport Automatic transmission on the Protege5 and M3. Is it possible to convert a Protege to a sport automatic using P5 parts? If so what parts would be involved?
  2. Z

How-to: Locked Out Prevention Circuit

Locked Out Prevention Circuit For a 2003 Mazda Protg By ZapWizard www.ZapWizard.com -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- You all know the feeling; looking in through your car window staring at...
  3. Z

How to save $100 on Ionic Breeze's (Not what you think)

This is kind of a long story, but worth it. I live in Austin Texas, where along with the weather report on tempature they also report the current allergen (Pollen, Ragweed, Cedar) levels in the air. To clear the air in my apartment I bought an Ionic breeze for cheap off eBay. (About a...
  4. Z

Another how-to coming soon! (Getting locked out of the car)

If you have modified your car so it doesn't chime when the keys are in the ignition, so you can run your radio, you know that it is now much easier to lock yourself out of the car. I was working on some new car mods when I did just that. (Ironicly the car mod I was working on is a...
  5. Z

Good car wax -recommendation

Hey folks, I am not usualy one for "miracle products" But I recently bought this stuff at a trade show, and I am impressed with it: It's a cleaner/wax in one, and works like a water-less car wash. (Great for me as I live in an apartment, with zero hose outlets)...
  6. Z

How-To: Install a Passenger Side Door Lock Switch

Passenger Side Door Lock Switch Mazda 2003 Protege LX ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- One annoying thing the Protege is that it lacks a button to unlock the doors from the passenger side...
  7. Z

How-To: One Touch Auto-opening Moonroof

(Can a mod move this to the how-to forums, or better yet, give me rights?, thanks) Hey folks, time for another how-to: <HR> Automatic opening moonroof 2003 Mazda Protg - By ZapWizard <HR>This modification allows you to open your moonroof with a "one touch" press of the open button...
  8. Z

Need feedback: Temperature controlled moonroof module.

Hey folks, I have been working on a circuit for a temperature controlled moonroof add-on that would work on Protege's and possible M3's (If their switch's are similar) The module has the following features: -Remote thermostat ....4-wire connection, install where you want it -Opens moonroof...
  9. Z

Where to get light filters for radio backlight???

Does anyone know where to get "light condoms" or some other type of filter to put over lights to change their color? I have taken apart my radio, and I wanted to use LEDs to change the color, but they won't work due to how thin the faceplate is. So I need to replace the tiny little green...
  10. Z

Austin:Yellow MSP at Chick-Fil-A today - Who?

Austin: I saw a Yellow MSP at Chick-Fil-A today (Thursday), just wondering who it was? (Chick-Fil-A on south Mopac and 290, near Walmart) I was in a silver '03 Protege in front of you when you pulled in. You probably saw me pointing your car out to my wife. (She didn't know what made a MSP...
  11. Z

Looking for a "Zoom Zoom" Decal (Silver)

Does anyone know of a place that has offical "Zoom Zoom" decals in silver? I want to put one on my magnetic bra. I searched e-bay, but all I can find is white, and the rest of the other seem fake, or seem to totaly miss the point...
  12. Z

How to: "Auto" Switch LED change - And Power Window Re-wire

If someone could please move this into the How-To forum, thanks Power window re-wire, and LED color change Our cars have that disable switch in the driver's side power window control panel. This switch disables all the windows, except for the driver's side. This is great for kids (and...
  13. Z

Changing Gauge indicator lights to LEDs

Conversion: All LED Gauge Indicators There is a little how-to here, but not on the actual soldering and stuff. Changing Gauge Indicators to LEDs on a 2003 Mazda Protg --------------------------------------------------------------------------------...
  14. Z

Mini Cooper Robot

I don't know if this has been posted yet: http://www.r50rd.co.uk/research/internal/v2i/engin/ Highlight the test below for the spoiler: -------------------------------------------------------------- I did a whois search: Quote: <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%"...
  15. Z

Pop-in switches (To fit near the dimmer)

Does anyone know where I can get switches that will just pop into the switch covers near the dimmer? I want a nice, stock look for the buttons.
  16. Z

How to: Replacing A/C Control Panel LEDs

If a moderator could please move this into the how-to forum, thanks. Replacing the A/C Control lights on a 2003 Mazda Protg LX --------------------------------------------------------------------------------...
  17. Z

WTD: Images of Red (or orange) EL Gauges

I am trying to decided on what guages to get from www.speedhut.com So far I like Reverse EL Jet-black with Red fonts, I know red can sometime be dimmer, so I plan on getting the upgraded inverter. But if anyone has real images of red EL Gauges then please post them.
  18. Z

How do most thieves break into a car?

I am designing my own home made security system, but I am trying to keep it simple. I have external motion, internal motion, and glass/shock sensors in the design, but my current design would turn off the alarm if the drivers side door was unlocked. But that would not protect the car against...
  19. Z

Complicated custom keypad system, need your input.

Ok folks, I am an electronics guy be heart and by trade. I love buiding extreamly complicated and hard stuff. So this will be no exception. I will be putting a key-pad to allow me to disable my custom alarm (I am making) and to unlock the doors if I lock the keys inside. I am using a touch...
  20. Z

Looking for a good value sub-amp

I purchased a set of Bass Shaker transducers a while ago: http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=search&item=AST-1B&type=store I plan on bolting one of them to the drivers seat of my Protege. (The second one goes in my house) They are 25watts RMS, so I am looking for a...
Back