Search results

1. D

2017 Brake/Rotor replacement at 105k miles - recommendations? Rockauto?

The time has come to replace the brake pads. I'm going to replace the front and rear pads/rotors as I'm at 105k on the original brakes (we drive 30k/year). Usually I use Advance Auto parts for brake supplies but thought I would check out the forums. I quick search had some people recommending...
  2. D

Why are 2017 Cx-5 selling so close to msrp?

I'll be going to the dealer today for an overnight test drive with plans on sealing the deal tomorrow. I've spoken with him about a lower price and asked about memorial day sales and such. He always mentions "invoice price" and tells me that he can sell it for "close to invoice". This price is...
  3. D

Dear Mazda, I'm back!!

I've been out of the Mazda fold for 12 years (protege5 then MPV) but it looks like we will be purchasing a 2017 CX-5 this weekend. Right now I have a 2005 Odyssey (family car) and 2003 Marauder (mine). It will be fun to have something with some modern day frills.
  4. D

CD player in a 04 MPV

My son stuffed pennies in the current one and I want to buy a stock receiver to replace it. Mazda wants around $1k for it so I'm going to buy used from Ebay. My only question is that I see a few for sale but they advertise "khz". What is this and how do I know what I need. One says 200 khz...
  5. D

Windshield wipers for a 2004 mpv

How do you change them?
  6. D

Metal (i think) on I-20

Driving home......making good time.......25 miles left out of a 225 mile trip.....traveling behind an 18 wheeler.......OH NO.....I can't dodge it....cars around me......BANG. I hit a piece of metal in the road. I knew it blew the tire so I pulled over and started changing it. About 10 minutes...
  7. D

Rear brake pads require He-Man.

Does anyone remember He-Man? He was my hero. I just replaced the front pads w/ Hawk pads. I tried to replace the back pads but I could push the wretched piston in. I used a 6 inch C-clamp that would crush my skull. I thought it might be stuck or something. Later I talked to a friend and...
  8. D

Anybody trade the stock market?

I've been trading the past couple of months. Sometimes it rocks....other times it sucks. Right now.......sucking!
  9. D

baby over protege5

We bought our protege5 a year ago w/ the intentions of having a family car that doesn't look so bland. Well now we have a baby and the car seat doesn't fit in the back (unless I sit straight up and pushed up to the wheel). Now my wife wants a minivan. Possibly a Chevy Venture. We will end...
  10. D

My baby Boy!!

This is somewhat weird. That is, posting a thread about my first born son on a forum dominated by men but I'm secure in my masculinity (even if I can't spell it). Nov. 11 2004 is my son's, David Elijah Cox, birthday. He was supposed to be born on Dec. 7, 2004 but God had other plans. We got...
  11. D

Turn my rotors??

Ok....I have just received the rear pad replacements from tirerack (Satisfied Pro brand). My front pads should get here by the end of the week. How important is it for me to get my rotors turned? Personally I don't feel like taking them off and having to run down to a shop and get it done...
  12. D

brakes from tirerack

The time has come to replace the front and back brakes. I can spend 300 big ones or just do it myself. Has anyone tried the "Satisfied Pro OEM" pads from tirerack? I would love hawk pads but there is no real reason to spend the extra money. I would be satisfied for the car to feel like it...
  13. D

paintball gun--good deal??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47254&item=3682358136&rd=1 This looks like a great deal and I might begin to bid on it. Opinions? BTW, I don't want to see any other protege owner bidding on this now that I've showed it to everyone!!(evil)
  14. D

time to change tranny fluid (i think)

We bought the car w/ 27,000 miles and now its got 34,000 miles. I found out today that the dealership didn't do anything except a oil and filter change w/ air filter change. Now I'm thinking its time for a fluid change in the transmission and time for new spark plugs. Has anyone replaced the...
  15. D

Wax or polish?

I was about to wax my car yesterday when a buddy of mine said I shouldn't do it. He says that I should polish it instead.....something about wax taking paint off new cars. The problem is my buddy sometimes doesn't know what the heck he's talking about and I just have to nod my head. But now I...
  16. D

Who's got the money?

I read post after post and see pic after pic and have to ask.....where is all this money coming from? I'm scratching my head about how to get some cash for tint, exhaust, and intake.........much less, turbo (i wish). How do yall do it? Is it parents giving cash away? Is it credit card debt...
  17. D

What is needed for turbo

I'm interested in getting a MP3 (wife has protege5) but I want more power. The problem is I don't know much about turbo. I don't even know the difference in turbo and supercharged. What I want is to buy a MP3 and boost it but I want it to be as close to a factory install as possible. Where...
Back