Search results

1. S

NGK Cross reference # for 2017 CX-9 Spark Plug

That is strange, 3 years now and nothing? I see so many posts about what plugs are a good swap for pre 17's and there are some for the '17's but they tend to contradict one another. Mazda does not have an internal plug mfg div so surely there is a cross ref out there. I am at 100K (KM's)...
  2. S

NGK Cross reference # for 2017 CX-9 Spark Plug

So after pouring through the forums here I thought I had the correct one... LTR6IX-11. That is not correct. Can someone confirm the (Non Mazda brand) plug I require for my 2017 CX9, I cant find a cross reference anywhere. Thanks
  3. S

16-17 owners ... what warranty work have you needed?

That is some excellent information that needs to be repeated many times, I learned all about the 3rd party warranty scam long ago...I preach it's banishment from people's lives every day. Simply self insure folks. It takes some discipline but set aside money for possible future repairs, you will...
  4. S

16-17 owners ... what warranty work have you needed?

2017 Signature with almost 100,000 KM's and no warranty issues. Recently did a full brake job (pads/rotors all 4 corners) replaced the belt, plugs and cabin filter...also updated the firmware on the infotainment system. Oil and filter every 5-8k (KM's)....including tire rotation. Brake fluid...
  5. S

Rear pad wear surprise on a 2017 CX-9

Yea it would seem so, I will be surely inspecting carefully now all pads at oil service moving forward to prevent this. In fact I put a reminder in my maintenance log to have a full front and back replacement set on hand after 60k. My wife is a heavy user of the adaptive cruise so I believe...
  6. S

Rear pad wear surprise on a 2017 CX-9

I just did brakes on my wife's 2017 CX9....was only monitoring the fronts as the rears are always better than the fronts right? Wife mentioned there was some grinding, one rear pad was down to the plate! I did a full rotor and pad job, all 4 corners done so all good now but damm....I need to...
  7. S

CX-9 OEM Tires

Not really a fan considering I need to replace one... My wife is the one who drives this car and she took off today with a flat, didn't really notice? Anyway that issue notwithstanding I need to replace the one tire...it took a while for even my dealer to find some. looks like a week wait and a...
  8. S

FS Parting out a 2003 P5

Getting some noise about the shipping costs.... If you want something that is large/long and difficult to ship get your own quote before asking about the price of the part and save my time and grief.
  9. S

FS Parting out a 2003 P5

Yes I will respect first ask rights..I also will not contact others interested to up a bid. Just don't try to low ball, I will try to be fair with my ask. Also I will respond Saturday if the car has not been sold as a whole, with prices and better pics. Guys I want to be clear...I am not...
  10. S

FS Parting out a 2003 P5

Its looking like I may not get the value in parts that I need....like anybody time is worth money and most people want 10-20 dollar items that can take an hour to pull box and ship? Then there are the large parts that are too costly to ship. I may take the $500 offer for the whole car and be...
  11. S

Protege 5 US vs Canada market - parts related

You have first right of refusal....I will contact you Saturday.
  12. S

Protege 5 US vs Canada market - parts related

Is one considered more valuable? I have a thread for a parts car from Canada that I'm parting out....the prices on the net are all over the place. I want to give a good fair price but don't want to give them away. Shipping will only be around $20 Thoughts on headlight pricing, are some more...
  13. S

FS Parting out a 2003 P5

Thanks for all the responses, I will be sure to honour the first mention rights to the parts. I will start to take these parts off Saturday, take close up pictures and then respond by PM with price. I really don't want to be bothering sending packages for really small dollar items so I think I...
  14. S

FS Parting out a 2003 P5

To be clear, the bumper cover? It too has some minor damage, I will take clear pics of front and back this evening.
  15. S

FS Parting out a 2003 P5

To be clear, the bumper cover? It too has some minor damage, I will take clear pics of front and back this evening.
  16. S

FS Parting out a 2003 P5

What exactly is that?
  17. S

FS Parting out a 2003 P5

There is some minor damage on the front anyway.... Check on shipping from my location and maybe we can work a cheap price to help offset. PM me if you like
  18. S

FS Parting out a 2003 P5

The thing is the reason why it failed was I was not driving it enough. The oil pan rusted out.... I have a company provided truck and my wife drives our Enclave. I have this car and a Jeep Liberty which I may sell as well. I also have two old Buick's (1954 Roadmasters) one is in a full #1 resto...
  19. S

FS Parting out a 2003 P5

Ok to start I want to apologize for breaking every rule about selling here. I have now read the rules and am now ready to do this right. I have a nice condition 2003 P5, except for the spun rod bearing. Unfortunately the oil pan had a leak and I took it down the road after a long park and the...
  20. S

I think I just killed my P5

Thanks, I guess I am pulling it then....don't want to mess with a hanging engine and prying a trans.
Back