Search results

1. B

Ssafc v1

SSAFC V1 for sale. -Comes with software (will be emailed to you once payment is received) - preloaded superstock map - previous owner cut a hole in the face plate (no idea why...) - Harness has been extended and labeled $185 shipped within the US Payment through Paypal
  2. B

Vtcs/vics question with 626 intake manifold

yes, they need to remain plugged in even if the actuators are missing. I'm surprised you don't have a CEL popping up
  3. B

Brian_K's Build Thread

I just figured synthetic would deal with the heat better than conventional oil, but you're right if the oil is replaced every 3k miles it shouldn't matter much. I'm going to try adding it a few hundred miles before my next oil change and add it earlier each time. I agree Seafoam works great as a...
  4. B

Brian_K's Build Thread

Yea that's what I'm hoping for. Are you running regular dino oil in your p5? I've always thought running synthetic is better all around, but I've also read numerous threads on the bobistheoilguy forum stating the opposite. I also didn't know you could run seafoam for the entire life of the oil...
  5. B

Brian_K's Build Thread

Interesting, I'll keep that in mind. I've been changing the oil every 3-4k (except for my most recent oil change :/), using synthetic. It might be too late but i'll give Seafoam a shot before my next few changes.
  6. B

Brian_K's Build Thread

Thanks, I'll test it this week and see what happens. After going through the thread you linked in your previous post it sounds like the issue is inevitable, especially on a high-mileage motor.
  7. B

Brian_K's Build Thread

Thanks man, I've really let the car go the past year. It needs a lot of work. How've you been? That's my next guess if the valve guide seals don't fix it. Is there an easy way to check without disassembling the block? I'm assuming that's the only other thing that would cause oil consumption if...
  8. B

Brian_K's Build Thread

This past august I completely uninstalled the turbo kit since I had to take the car in for its 2-year smog check. It passed with no issues but around the same time I had noticed an increasing amount of oil being burnt. Did a compression check about 6 months ago and all cylinders were at...
  9. B

Just another yellow P5 build...

i know you dont have a fb profile, but hopefully you'll be able to see this: https://www.facebook.com/groups/560331390647422/permalink/1616257765054774/?sale_post_id=1616257765054774 guy wants $75 for his msp ecu
  10. B

Mazdaspeed protege daily build 250 whp goal

agreed, 250whp may be attainable on the stock bottom end, but it definitely wont last long. I'm not a fan of the CX racing MSP FMIC kit due to how excessively long the pipe routing is. In my opinion you can build yourself a better setup with CX racing's universal kit for less than half the...
  11. B

What should I do to my P5? Any P5's in LA/OC County?

Hi there, if you're looking for some help working on your car let me know! I live in south OC and go to school in Fullerton. I'd look into the following parts to start: - rear swaybar - racingbeat or progress - best bang for your buck suspension mod - manual transmission swap - depending on...
  12. B

Pope has a baffle that's supposed to replace the one in the OEM oil pan. I haven't seen any input on it, but I'd imagine it works well since all his other parts are quality.
  13. B

that ebay oil cooler/relocation kit looks better than the others I've seen. Any plans for a modified oil pan and pump?
  14. B

Brian_K's Build Thread

started on "fixing" my paint issues this past weekend. 3/4 door handles have clear coat failure. My original plan was to remove the dead clear coat, re-clear and then blend everything. I'm horrible at paint prep/blending, so this is good practice. Ended up taking off too much paint on the...
  15. B

Good thing you picked up a real one. I bought one of those fiberglass replicas from Canada and fitment was horrible. haha I wish! I've been thinking about ditching the bored out stock manifold idea and going with a 626 as well. But there's also the carbon fiber Pope manifold that's coming out...
  16. B

That DG lip was a nice find. I think they're even less common than the MSP lip now. Did you get the EGR pipe with the 626 mani?
  17. B

Brian_K's Build Thread

haha your old exhaust was the reason I decided to give it a try. Don't get me wrong it sounds really good, but I felt bad when I drove by my neighbors and all the little kids covered their ears... btw do you have everything for your KL swap yet?
  18. B

My 2002.5 P5 AwesomeSauce build thread

love the wheel fitment! The refinished RH's make the car look completely different.
  19. B

Brian_K's Build Thread

thanks man. Still on the fence about getting a new car since I don't really have the space for it at the moment. I plan on keeping the p5 as long as possible, since it's not worth much now and there's the whole sentimental value thing lol. I'm starting to look for some nice used wheels. Most...
  20. B

Brian_K's Build Thread

Much hasn't been done to the car since my last update. I've been mainly working on the exhaust over the past few weeks. I got tired of dealing with the 3 inch diameter exhaust I installed about a year ago. The bends weren't exactly placed correctly so one of the rear links would hit it every...
Back