Search results

1. L

2003.5 Sunlight Silver Mazdaspeed Protege

2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege Sunlight Silver Metallic w/ black interior 2.0L Turbo (Garrett T25) Limited Slip Differential 182k miles $4,300 More pics here: http://s367.photobucket.com/user/m_gerth/library/MSP%20ForSale Bought it new in 2004 with 500 miles on the odometer from Diamond Mazda...
  2. L

Autopower Rollbar - Sedans & P5

Autopower race model roll bar for Proteges. Welded in diagonal brace and harness bar. Bolts in to the car. All hardware and backing plates included. Painted semi-gloss black, was going to powder coat it silver before I decided to take it out. Has a bunch of SFI padding to keep your head safe...
  3. L

FS: Enkei RPF1s, F1 Sliver

Selling my set of RPF1s, F1 silver, 17x7.5" +48mm offset. One was just refinished and is missing the decals, but I have some coming from Enkei headquarters. One wheel is almost brand new and is in great condition. One wheel has very slight curb rash. The fourth wheel has a few chips in various...
  4. L

Building Koni Coilovers

Some of you may remember the thread Jeff@Tripoint made when he built his set of double adjustables. I helped Jeff with a lot of the leg work and then he beat me to the punch! So here I am years later finally getting mine finished up. The shocks are Koni single adjustable race inserts. In...
  5. L

Track Day MSP Build

I've been tracking the car for a few years now and lately a bunch of parts have been finding their way onto the car. Here's a quick run down of the major parts/work going into the car: -Autopower rollbar -G-Force 6pt harnesses -Sparco Sprint5 seats -Removing interior & repainting behind front...
  6. L

WTB: MSP Rear Struts

Need good condition rear struts from a MSP. -Marc
  7. L

WTB: Stock MSP Rear Struts

Need a good pair. -Marc
  8. L

Trackday Pictures & Videos

Went to the track last month. Shot alot of video, and finally got some footage from one session done. I have 4 more sessions worth to go through. Here's one from the first day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xGB5gsX2mM A few pics a local guy took. I should have pictures from the track...
  9. L

Trackday Mini-Build

I have a track day coming up later this month, but the car needs a bit of work to be tip-top. I've been slowly ordering parts for a weekend thrash... here's what's already done: -3" v-band exhaust to replace the 60mm JIC system -Greddy boost gauge to replace the completely inaccurate Autometer...
  10. L

Team Molly Whoppin' Wankel's LeMons Build

A group of buddies and I decided to build a car for the Houston edition of the 24hrs of LeMons. One of the guys had bought three FA and FB RX7s almost 7years ago for the grand sum of $700. The other two cars had long been sold and parted out but he still had one gem, lovely referred to as the...
  11. L

NASA Nationals Time Trials

I haven't found any written results but judging by a podium photo, Bill Brees took home 2nd this year in TTD in his MSP. Very good job! Glad to see the MSP can be competitive in TTD. Did you spring for the 17x8 RPF1's, Bill? -Marc
  12. L

CitizenPro & low_psi Photoshoot

Made my way down to Houston last weekend and Charles and I took the time to snap some pictures. Unfortunately my camera battery died shortly after arriving at the bay so the pictures are pretty mundane. -Marc
  13. L

Overheating at Track

It wasn't until I had swapped a P5 radiator for a PWR unit that I had the ScanGauge to tell me the actual water temp number. On track, with the heater on full blast, the car runs 225-240*F but the stock gauge barely moves if at all while its running this hot. Because of this, I don't know if I...
  14. L

How Many Wheels/Tires Do You NEED?

I've been doing pretty good lately and have finally got to the point where I only have two sets of wheels and two sets of tires. When things were the "worst" I had 4 sets of wheels and 5 sets of tires. Lately I've been tempted to buy some 17x8s for the 235 R-comps and use the current track...
  15. L

WTB 03.5 Steering Wheel

No airbag needed. Must be in great shape. -Marc
  16. L

AWR Front Endlink Issue

Has anyone else had issues with the AWR front endlinks being too short? Even at full extension they are so short that under compression, the swaybar is hitting the tierods and the bolt heads are hitting the unibody. I'm going to call AWR tomorrow and try to order longer rods and 4 new rodends...
  17. L

WTB: 03.5 MSP Shiftboot

Looking for a shiftboot w/ yellow stiching from a 03.5 MSP. Mine has disappeared. Good/great condition only. -Marc
  18. L

WTB: MSP Struts

Looking for just the fronts or all four. -Marc
  19. L

Cusco Camber Plates + Tokicos Installed

I ordered some Cusco front camber plates for a 1st gen(BG) Protege from the guys at www.protuningperformance.com a few weeks ago and finally got around to installing them. Thanks to benjpi for getting the word out about these! I was having trouble with camber bolts slipping at the last trackday...
  20. L

Long Beach Grand Prix

Anyone going to LB for the last running of the ChampCars? I have a couple buddies that live in LA, one who I worked with last season and is working for another WC GT team now. The HoustonGP is officially cancelled so LB will be the best opportunity I have to see a CC, ALMS and WC race this...
Back