Search results

1. D

Differences or imsprovements between 2015-2017 M5

My 06 M5 has served us well and we are looking to replace it. We are looking at the M6 but can't get over the practicality of the M5. There is not much in terms of reviews from 2015 on. It seems there is not much or no differences between the 2016 and 17 models. What we are looking for is...
  2. D

2006 Ignition switch cover repair

The plastic cover for the ignition switch broke off, after looking for a replacement, but it seems it only comes with the ignition switch. The 2 little tabs inside has broken off, and I was able to find one of the broken piece in the carpet. I use a thick cyanoacrylate glue and it...
  3. D

Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF 6 x 1 L $29.88 @ Walmart.ca

Found this on RedFlagDeals 6 litres of Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF for $29.88. It is compatible with our Mazda that requires Mercon V (MV)...
  4. D

changed spark plugs now check engine light

Just replaced the spark plugs yesterday and the car runs smoother but just noticed that the check engine light has come on. Should I try to clear it by disconnecting the battery or will it eventually clear itself once I drive the car some more?
  5. D

Cheap remote case and roof strip cover that might be useful

For some reason one of the roof rack strip cover has gone missing on my MZ5. I was just going to pick one up at the local dealer, but it was like $5CAN each. Got the part number(GJ6A505A1) and Googled it. I found on AliExpress a set of 5 for $2US with free shipping. It is probably one of...
  6. D

Replacement rear wheel arches

Both of my rear wheel arches are rusting. I spoken to friend of a friend who works at a body shop. He said the fastest and most long lasting repair is to cut out the rust and glue on a replacement wheel arch. But he does not know if there are such thing available. I did some search and can only...
  7. D

Need to know 2006 ATF dip stick level

I when to get my oil change today and the young tech got confused because I have the Fumoto valve and took off the ATF drain plug. He realized this pretty quickly becauae of the smell and replaced the plug. I think less than a litre was lost. The problem now is they did not know what the dip...
  8. D

Just need to vent, hit and run

The car was park in front of the house yesterday got home last night and saw this. Is not something that can be buffed out. Just a hassle of dealing with the police report, insurance and getting the car fix. All the little dents and scratches that is on the car was done by people anonymously...
  9. D

Still getting batter light after new battery and alternator

I replaced my original 06 batter and alternator because they both needed to replace. The alternator was only putting out 12V with a new battery. Now with the new parts the car still has some problems like when the battery died. The ABS lights, than steering and than the battery lights will...
  10. D

Opinion on Ebay rotors

My noticed that my front brakes are pulsing especially when I am exiting from the freeway. I have check RockAuto the price is great on the "Centric Premium Cryogenically Treated Rotor" but shipping to Canada is $88 for 2 rotors. So my search has lead me to Canadian sellers on Ebay. Being in...
  11. D

2006 sway bar bushing sizes

I was changing over to summer tires this weekend and also decided to measure the diameter of my 2006 M5 to replace the front(worn) and rear(squeaky) sway bar bushings. with a digital caliper. My measurements are: front ---> 23.1mm rear ---> 20.2mm I was...
  12. D

Knocking noise from 06 engine at idle

I hearing a knocking noise from the engine at idle. I tried to isolate it but the best I can do is determined that it is coming from the pulley side of the engine. I don't think it is the AC because the knocking persist with the AC on or off. The only other moving parts are the water pump and...
  13. D

Downloadable owners manuals from Mazda.ca

I stumbled onto this and found the owners manual for the 2008 and 2009 model can be downloaded at the mazda.ca web. I don't know if they mean for these link to be made public. http://www.mazda.ca/files/2008_mazda5_om_eng.pdf http://www.mazda.ca/files/2009_mazda5_om_eng.pdf PS:This also...
  14. D

Why no Mazda4

There is a Mazda2, 3, 5, and 6 why Mazda did not come out with a model called Mazda4? Anyone know why the number 4 was skipped?
  15. D

Scosche Dash kit for 06?

I have read commons regarding poor fit for the Metra dash kit, but does anyone know if the Scosche dash kit has the same problem? I found the Scosche dash kit on Amazon for $17.95. Here is the link...
  16. D

Japanese Premacy on race track

Here is a video I found on Youtube. They have the Premacy, MPV, Honda Odyssey and Stream racing. It was all in Japanese, but it looks like all the cars were stock and the Premacy started last place and finished first. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU4paH8qcQ8&feature=related
  17. D

Custom DVD, GPS unit for the M5 by CASKA

I was just looking around for a head unit that also have steering wheel control and stumbled onto this, a DVD, GPS, Bluetooth head unit with a custom face plate for the M5. The link to the manufacturer web page is here: http://www.coagent.cn/view_pro.php?id=45 It sure look sweet, but it...
  18. D

My HID conversion experience

Here is my experience doing a HID conversion. I hope someone will find this useful. From my initial research I though I will need a H7 HID kit (got the 4300K model) and a relay harness because the M5 uses the low bean as Daytime Running Lights (DRL). Here is the kit with the wiring harness...
  19. D

Problem with HID conversion

I just spend most of the afternoon trying to do a HID conversion. It is working, kind of. The HID would work properly when I turn on the head lights manually, but with just the DRL, the HID starts flashing. Here is the kit and how I wire it. This is the actual wiring in the car. I...
  20. D

First damage to my 2006 M5

Well, it didn't take long. We do not have a drive way or garage and the M5 just suffered its first anonymous street parking damage. It is the bug deflector, either someone broke it by hand or looks like a tall vehicle back into it because there was no damage to the front bumper. I am pretty...
Back