Search results

1. S

2014 Soundproofing/Speaker Install Project

Do you mind taking a more detailed picture of the front doors? I am looking to do the same to my CX-5 with Bose.
  2. S

Has anyone installed aftermarket headlights?

Good luck getting adequate lighting with these.
  3. S

2017 CX-5 Pics Thread

The wheels on the Touring actually look great. Very clean design, and it would look even better in 19".
  4. S

New 2017+ Specific CX-5 Section?

The 2013-2016.5 versus 2017 CX-5 are vastly different enough that it should have its own section. I'm sure the issues, parts, etc differentiate enough not to associate with the previous gen. Perhaps a specific section may be helpful once the 2017 posts start flooding in. Much more defined...
  5. S

Need suggestion for pads/rotors

"very picky about the way my brakes are"... "drill rotors"
  6. S

Power Tailgate on CX-5

Product details?
  7. S

Fitment help. From my Evo to a CX-5?

What tire size are you running, tibi?
  8. S

The Retrofit Source: Morimoto XB LED Fog Light Housings for Mazda

What's a "JDM retrofit HID projector"...
  9. S

Best places to Dynamat Noico Boom MAT noise reduction for CX-5 CX5 ?

What do you mean by "inner doors"? see a big plastic panel separating the innards of the metal door hiding the door skin.
  10. S

NY state drivers will have to start stripping

That is absolutely arguable.
  11. S

Only on very rare occasions do we get thick fog here in NYC, and it's usually the daytime. However, I wander out of the city on rare occasions to areas that have fog. I will say that these are absolutely phenomenal when my lowbeams were completely coated and blocked by snow/ice. They give...
  12. S

Just received news from TRS. The Type-Z XB's may be coming back in May 2017. This might be a single 300 set batch again.
  13. S

Those pictures dont do our XBs justice. Most likely the aim. Keep in mind, not all XB's use the same lenses, reflectors, and LEDs. My XBs are aimed significantly higher, and it offers plenty fill lighting where my low beam bi-xenons hit the road surface. I am not one to swing on a...
  14. S

I saw those as well. Granted they are cheaper, even with their heavily photoshopped picture of the beam pattern, they are much better off as "accent lights" rather than real functional foglights (Morimoto XB).
  15. S

I messaged TRS about this and the closest thing they have is the 70mm general fitment Morimoto XB. It would be a pain in the ass to retrofit given the lack of space and plastic mounting points.
  16. S

That is just a total shame. I am very glad I kick started this and actually got the first set. The output, cutoff, and beam angles were absolutely the best I have seen from any foglight. That also includes OEM LED foglights from BMW, Land Rover, Lexus, and an Audi. Having compared the new CX-5's...
  17. S

Fitment help. From my Evo to a CX-5?

Slapped my Enkei RPF-1's in 18x9.5 +45 with 275/35/18 from the RX-8 onto my CX-5 and there is definitely poke. It was even noticeable with the much smaller diameter tires. My stock RX-8's are 18x8 +50 and that sits almost flush on the CX-5. I can imagine hilarious poke with 9.5 +15. Perhaps...
  18. S

PedalBox for a CX-5

Or just push the go pedal a couple centimeters more?
  19. S

My footwell lighting and power accessories project

Since you have a 2014, I am assuming it's the 2013-2014 gated style shifter. In that case, you just unscrew the shift knod, pry the shifter plate up, and disconnect the harness connecting to the bulb.
Back