Search results

1. S

Stripped stud on rear motor mount?

Now I'm trying to think back to the space around the rear stud on the subframe. Do you think there is enough room to fit a die on there like this? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004UUGS7A/?tag=m20b7-20
  2. S

So have you been driving the vehicle around with only two of the studs? I think this is probably the route I'm going to take, just so I can get enough clearance for the die.
  3. S

Wow, this forum isn't what it used to be, I guess. Nobody has had this issue, or has any ideas in how I can proceed? I would really like to know if there's a way of getting a good angle/access on that stud that I'm not thinking of...
  4. S

I replaced my rear motor mount this weekend, and somehow the ends of one of the studs - the driver's side rear stud - got stripped/bungled (I don't even know how, the nut looked fine when I took it off). Anyways, I cannot seem to get a new nut started on the stud - every time it feels like it's...
  5. S

How-To : AWR Rear Mount Install

So I did my rear mount replacement today, and I have a problem. One of the three subframe studs - the driver's side rear one - got bungled up on the end, and now I can't get the nut started on it for the reinstall. I don't even know how it happened; the threads on the nut I took off are fine...
  6. S

Can turning the upper strut mounts affect toe?

So, I talked to the garage this morning, and they basically said, "Yeah, so the way our software works is that the 'before' reading was from after the technician rotated the strut plate but before he made the toe adjustments, so that's why nothing appeared to be off". So, what am I supposed to...
  7. S

So, if the "Before" and "After" camber/caster readings were identical for both front tires, you think I'm justified in questioning why I was charged an extra $75 to remove one of the struts in order to rotate the upper strut plate? What confuses me even more is that even if they did rotate the...
  8. S

Took my car for an alignment this afternoon after installing new struts...$170! Toe was too negative in all four corners, which was fine, but camber and caster were spot on. Still, they charged me an extra $75 to remove the front right strut and rotate the upper strut mount for unknown reasons...
  9. S

WTB: Engine block heater for Protege5

Nope - I went through this a few years ago, and Mazda no longer makes the engine block heaters for the Protege. Back then, there were only a handful in stock across the country (according to my local dealer), and I'm betting that there are even less now. I ended up getting mine used from...
  10. S

FS: 4-lug Protege wheels & tires

Bump...these are still for sale
  11. S

WTB: Dark green Protege sedan trunk lid

Bump - still lookin'
  12. S

Hump day bump day
  13. S

Monday morning bump
  14. S

No reply yet from Georonimo - still looking...
  15. S

Exactly like so. PM'd
  16. S

FS: ECU, 2001 Protege LX 2.0, Auto Tranny

Thursday bump - really nobody needs this? They go for $100+ on eBay...
  17. S

Engine running hot

Ford does on many of their new vehicles (including my '10 Escape), but does Mazda include an auto-shutoff feature on their new cars to prevent overheating (besides on the Tribute, that is). On my Escape, it's basically just a sensor that measures the temperature of the actual cylinder head, and...
  18. S

Bump...come on folks, I'm needin' me a green trunk lid.
Back