Search results

1. I

WTB - P5 - Sunroof Pop-up Wind Deflector

No... not an aftermarket plastic deflector. But thanks though. If you have a sunroof, it's the piece that pops up when you open it, like in the picture. I found one at a junk yard on Saturday, but they wouldn't sell it separately from the entire sunroof. Wanted $200 for the whole thing...
  2. I

What's your mileage?

146,000 well-maintained. When she needs it, she gets it. But.... how the hell are you people pulling over 30mpg's? I can't get any better than maybe 24. I drive her hard, but even when I'm gentle on long trips I can't pull that 30 stuff.
  3. I

Protege 5 pics

I hear ya... I still love my ride to pieces too.
  4. I

Still bumping... thinking a junk yard might got what I need at this point.
  5. I

Protege 5 pics

This thread is hilarious. When you are posting pics, you have to be prepared for compliments and especially criticisms. You wanted feedback... you got it. On that note, at least, at least... lose the dealer sticker Mr. Jim Pattison! On another note... I'm a closet automatic driver. I'm...
  6. I

I need peoples oppinion

I vote B... also something to consider... the more complex your rim, the more of a pain in the ass to keep clean.
  7. I

uh... well... uh... I was transporting a 6 foot fold up table and the only way it would fit without it resting on my head was up in the sunroof bay. Should have taken that damn thing out first. Didin't think I'd clip it, but....
  8. I

WTB - P5 - Passenger Rear Seat Belt Mechanism

Part No Longer Needed I was able to pull apart my current mechanism and repair it believe it or not. For the time being I no longer need this part. I should probably publish a how-to now on how I rebuilt it. Thanks for the help along the way though.
  9. I

WTB - P5 - Passenger Rear Seat Belt Mechanism

Somehow, it won't retract anymore. I ain't crazy about people not being straped down in my P5, especially with the way I drive. Let me know if you got one laying around or someone who does. These pics should let you know what I need and where it goes. Thanks.
  10. I

You got what I need? Dealer wants an arm and a leg and my right foot up their ass. Here are some pics of the broken deflector and its location on my P5. Let me know ASAP. Thanks.
  11. I

Headlight bulb adapter

I like that lamp in the backround.
  12. I

CEL on code PO171

The one I removed looked pretty shot. I mean, you could look into that possibility. Keep looking around, you might have some success on that working with someone else. I believe the info I researched referred to it failing, not so much getting clogged or dirty. I currently have 145k and no...
  13. I

whom has black protege 5 with black altezza tail lights??

I'm gonna track you down, now that I got your license plate.(poke)lol. Thanks for the overylay education.
  14. I

CEL on code PO171

How many miles you got? This sounds similar to a problem I had at about 60k. Just after my warrenty had expired, of course. Had the diagnostic done at a Mazda dealership. Ended up being the EGR valve. I read up on it and found this is a popular problem with this car. Part was about $200...
  15. I

Thanks for the quick turnaround advice and pics. FYI you might want to black out your license plate in the third pic. I like it. Forgive my ignorance, but what's an overlay? As for the headlights. I will probably bite the bullet and buy a new set. I have attempted polishing and so did my...
  16. I

I'm looking to upgrade my tail lights to something a little sharper. Want to replace my red stock lights for a darker looking light to match the theme I got going on. Found this thread, but after the discussion of possible pics of the Altezza's on a p5, I was unable to find any. Does anyone...
  17. I

Long time owner, first time poster... just wanted to share my p5

Thanks for the suggestion accompanied by the pics and link. It's looks nice and I'll take it into consideration. You have a pack of friends with p5s... Excellent.
Back