Search results

1. O

What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

Sold the 5, bought a Crosstrek. It was good while it lasted. Good luck and thanks, all!
  2. O

Keep or sell?

Indeed. I've yet to find a shop that will install things that I buy on my own; nobody is willing to do that. I did the rear shocks, all the brakes, and the rear sway bar links myself. If I had an enclosed garage I would have done the front work myself but it's winter and I have no place to do it.
  3. O

Keep or sell?

Too late! Already had the work done. They were the cheapest quote I got, by the way.
  4. O

Keep or sell?

Bushings and ball joints were bad on the control arms. The roads here in Indy might as well be considered off-roading because they're so unbelievably potholed and broken. I drove the absolute snot out of it in the first couple years across the country and Canada, too.
  5. O

Keep or sell?

~135,000 miles on it right now. For reference: it's on the fourth set of all-season tires, second battery (about to be third), second set of brakes, second rear shocks, second rear sway bar links, second CV axles, second rack and pinion, and now second front lower control arms, front sway bar...
  6. O

Keep or sell?

I got the suspension work done today. Keeping it for a while.
  7. O

Keep or sell?

Yeah, parts are cheap if I buy them myself and I've watched several videos of replacing them on the Mazda 3, so I have a basic idea of it. I don't have the space or tools to do so however. Nothing wrong with the vehicle otherwise.
  8. O

Keep or sell?

My 2012 Mazda5 needs new lower control arms and front shocks. I got quotes from several shops and it'll be about $1,700 for parts and labor. As a trade-in, the car is worth $2,000. Should I keep it and fix it? Or trade it in on a new car?
  9. O

Ordered some new winter tires to replace the dead ones: Blizzak WS90s in 195/60/16. Went narrower to get a better footprint in the snow and ice, especially because the 5 has so much weight over the rear, making traction even worse. They'll arrive and get installed next week and I'll finally...
  10. O

Got the oil report from Blackstone Labs: I changed the oil after 8,300 miles and everything looks great, so they recommend trying a 10,000 mile interval this next time.
  11. O

Got a car wash and had the coolant and transmission fluid changed yesterday at 128.7k miles.
  12. O

Replaced the in-cabin air filter. What a pain in the ass. I always hate doing it because it's in such a bad location.
  13. O

128.5k miles today. Changed the oil, sent it to Blackstone for analysis.
  14. O

2010 Mazda 5 Engine swap with Fusion 2.3 ?

The 2010 is still first-gen, not second-gen.
  15. O

How often brake pads needs to be inspected - every 2 yrs or 30k?

I drain and fill my brake fluid every year. It takes under an hour and costs like $10. I also lube the caliper guide pins and check the rest of the brake components. I put new rotors and pads on all four corners around 75k or so (I forget the exact number) and am at 127k right now.
  16. O

Lowered newer Mazda 5 alignment result.

Sheesh, your camber is all sorts of janky. That's unacceptable.
  17. O

Is that the 38" fairing? Interested to see how your mileage changes with it compared to running just the bare rack. I have experience running the rack+fairing but not just the rack.
  18. O

Considering a 2012-2015 Mazda5, any advice from owners?

That's...surprisingly low fuel economy. I have hit 32+ before on the highway but usually get about 27 mpg on open highway cruising at 70ish mph. And that's with sticky ultra high performance tires. Swapping back to grand touring tires I expect to improve that number. Winter fuel is less dense so...
  19. O

Got some new tires. This is my 4th set of all-seasons in the 123k miles I've owned it. These new ones should last longer. Previous tires were OEM Turanza EL400-02s, then two sets of Cooper RS3-As. Bought Continental PureContact LS tires today from DiscountTire: installed price for four tires was...
  20. O

Sport, Touring or Grand Touring, how to tell

What features does it have? Leather? Sunroof?
Back