Search results

1. M

Looks like I'll be moving on.

I tried on a Miata several times, they're too small and just not practical. It's a 38 short in a 44 long world. The Mustang's quicker and rides better; it has a trunk. Compared to the Speed, the Mustang's a real car (the back wheels push, the front wheels steer and the motor faces the radiator...
  2. M

Looks like I'll be moving on.

It's been fun, entertaining and informational, but I've decided to find the Speed a new home. I bought a '15 Mustang Eco-Boost convertible last month. My wife's decided to trade her '06 300C on a RAV-4, so I'm kicking in my Speed to ease her pain, reduce the insurance bill and clear out the...
  3. 20190316_164046_resized.jpg

20190316_164046_resized.jpg

4. Mustang Avatar 4.jpg

Mustang Avatar 4.jpg

5. M

What have you done to your MS3 today?

Added this to the stable last week: Magnaflow mufflers and 4" tips today, tint tomorrow.
  6. 20190316_164046_resized.jpg

20190316_164046_resized.jpg

7. M

Wednesday night I hit a desktop-size chunk of concrete in the road. Both right-side tires and wheels are toast. Fortunately, nothing else is hurt. I bet the right front wheel is aimed a bit out now. Tires and wheels coming Thursday or sooner.
  8. M

Pair of Continental DWS/06s to replace two that were too worn to repair. I'm done with Discount Tires. They denied the mileage warranty claiming the tires had not been rotated enough. That explains why I had to do the last two rotations. They were stalling to get out of the warranty.
  9. M

Rolled up the 60,000th mile arriving at work Wednesday. Only took 125 months. :p
  10. M

Changed the oil. I let it go a bit too long. Last change was 5/7/16 (9 kilomiles ago) (whistle).
  11. M

MS3 engine oil

Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30 is what I use. Remember, synthetic is NOT required, so you can use good ol' conventional. The change interval is the same.
  12. M

New gas cap. Grrrrr!
  13. M

The OEMs are definitely very good brakes. Pads and rotors just came at a bad time financially. You may have to leave yours in the garage for a while :D I'll be at 87,000 when I've had it another seven years. At that point, it'll be eligible for an "antique" tag in another three years.
  14. M

New front pads and rotors. These better last longer than the OEMs.
  15. M

A 1/8" RSB? Seems a bit puny. :D
  16. M

Someone with Mazda Knowledge Help!

If it's in gear, it won't try to start with the clutch out.
  17. M

Do I have the first MS3 to go 300,000 miles?

Wow, you have me beat! I'm at 8 1/2 years and a bit over 50K.
  18. M

I put DWS 225/45s on September, 2012 at 30,000, now a bit past 50,000. Still great grip. The "S" is finally gone. I suspect they'll last another 30,000. A sidewall height of +6mm doesn't seem like it's noticeable.
  19. M

An' it only took eight years, five months and three days. :D
  20. M

Do I have the first MS3 to go 300,000 miles?

Ha! I'll have that much (in a bit over 40 years). I'll be 104!
Back