Search results

1. I

Installshield's NA Build

Thanks again guys, really appreciate it. just another update: I have a buyer lined up for 'whats left' of the car locally. He is not interested in anything I listed and the car will not need to remain driveable. I have a business trip coming up over the weekend in to mid week but will then...
  2. I

Installshield's NA Build

Responded to all pm's so far. Just to update: There is a local person potentially interested in the whole car. He is stopping by hopefully this saturday. If that falls through, I'll get to work getting the parts off and I have a list of the order of interest. Other parts I forgot to mention...
  3. I

Installshield's NA Build

Thanks, and you too! Totally agree. I haven't had to rely on my own car for any real purpose for years because of the tele-commute nature of my spot, and I kept thinking I'd get around to finishing it. Now with a 3.5 year old and a 3 month old...my free time is...limited. My wife remembers when...
  4. I

Installshield's NA Build

Thanks guys, and yeah it hurts. Promise the reasons I am giving up the car/parts are worth it, though. I've had this thing for 17.x years, and the worst part is never really getting it finished to a childhood 'dream' I guess haha. Sounds corny, but some will know what I mean. So the main thing...
  5. I

Installshield's NA Build

It's been a while, guys. It troubles me that it has taken so long for me to update any of this, but even back in 2013 I was pointing to the inevitable. Life haha. It devoured everything related to the P5 pretty quickly, and for that I apologize. But...I still have it, and it still runs. I'm a...
  6. I

Installshield's NA Build

Hey everyone... No problems, just life haha...Wedding planning and buying a new house took over for the past couple of months. Car is still ok, fighting a little more rust here and there, but the places i did address have held fine through the winter so far. And its still running great. We've...
  7. I

Ice's N/A Build

Still following you, bud...Haven't been posting much, as you're deeper into bottom end geometry than i've been for nearly 10 years haha...Keep it up, its going to turn out great!
  8. I

Installshield's NA Build

^well, a little...I got in touch with a college friend who helped me with my original build almost 9 years ago...He now works in the engineering department at penn state, and claims i can get access to some of the equipment...will probably be the easiest, and even cheapest way, to get some...
  9. I

Ice's N/A Build

^sorry about the studs, man...excited for the pic's though.
  10. I

iracemine's purpose built N/A ST2 thread

out of curiosity, what kind of oil pressures are you getting?...and i forget, how did you mount the sensors?
  11. I

P0300 - code any ideas

If you have a blinking engine light, its a critical problem...its actively missing (a solid light can occur from just a few cycles), which means its just pouring raw fuel into your exhaust system...if you try to drive it like that, you'll quickly burn up the catalyst comb's...and literally weld...
  12. I

505 Cold Air Box GB

still love mine, not one problem since the cut/install...been logging intake temps...i don't have an ambient air temp sensor in my car...but on the drive to work this morning, it was 48 degrees (in August!)...highest IAT i hit on the drive was 50*F haha! my IAT's with the stock intake were...
  13. I

need transmission help/suggestions

sounds like a crunched diff...but surprised that it let you even limp along with the pedal half pressed...any gears not work at all?...if all your gears and shifting feel is fine, the diff is pretty much the only thing it could be... wrecking yards man...thats your best bet for a cheap gear...
  14. I

what kind of gas mileage does your p5 get?

Using only gps for distance logging...over the past 300 miles of driving i averaged 33.7 mpg...if i go by the vehicle speed sensor/odometer...that number would be about 32.xx mpg...so i'm probably somewhere in between that...gps can get iffy on elevation changes, but i know my odometer isn't...
  15. I

Grinding down shifting into 2nd?

^well an upshift from 1st gear to 2nd gear is the largest change in gear ratio you can put the box through entirely, at least that you'd regularly use (shifting into 1st while moving is actually the biggest, but you rarely need to do that, or ridiculous stuff like completely skipping...
  16. I

Wheel Play and other issues

like mentioned, possibilities include struts and/or mounts, the ball joints (behind the 6 o'clock position of the rotor), steering rack inner and/or out tie rod ends (behind 3 o'clock position of rotor), front sway bar endlinks or sway bar bushings...or any combination of the above... also...
  17. I

Installshield's NA Build

yeah...even with a idle set up above 900 rpm by jumping the diagnostics, i'd throw a p0300 on every start up and still stall on throttle lift...and also, my area won't pass a car on emissions if heated idle is above 900rpm...actually, idle rpm and troubleshooting codes, plus inspecting just to...
  18. I

Installshield's NA Build

doing awesome, man! it took a lot of messing with timing, but i think i have them pretty dialed in as best as possible for the mp3 ecu... A friend has an 06 Civic Si, pretty heavy with NA mods...Since we don't have a dyno within 90 miles of my house...he's had is hondata ecu flashed by one of...
  19. I

Installshield's NA Build

Wild month at work, crazy hours, but i did get the exhaust fixed it up... My header had actually cracked...right at the coupler just in front of the flange where it meets the mid pipe...it was only the upper 'half', and had walked away from a weld a little... can't remember if i mentioned it...
  20. I

iracemine's purpose built N/A ST2 thread

Well all my experience with kind of similar cams is simply with a mp3 ecu so far...and since i'm not sure how all this is wired for you, it may not be exactly the same...but this is what is happening in my case, some of which probably applies to you... the geometry of the FS makes some pretty...
Back