Search results

1. Maxx Mazda

The Progression of my V.1 Street Sleeper Turbo build

Did it go to a dealer or broker? Those are dealer plates here in AB.
  2. Maxx Mazda

2015 Build Thread

Car is awesome! Put away for the winter. Put probably 400 miles on it this year!
  3. Maxx Mazda

Did you race Knox Mountain this weekend?
  4. Maxx Mazda

ffocused Slow and Steady Build

Damn Alex, still one of the cleanest builds around!
  5. Maxx Mazda

Cody's Blazing Yellow MSP

Love the updates!
  6. Maxx Mazda

Anyone change their inner tie-rod end? (And other front-end maintenance questions)

It’s a 1 1/4” wrench. 57ft lbs is the torque. No real special tools required, although it’s a good idea to replace the lock wire on the dust boots.
  7. Maxx Mazda

High End Audio Build - 2018 CX-3 - my neighbors are gonna hate me...

WHAT?!?!?! That was such a mint build!!!
  8. Maxx Mazda

Project: "Last RX-7" by Herblenny

Thanks again for updating the thread! I love following your progress!
  9. Maxx Mazda

What clear tails are those?
  10. Maxx Mazda

Oh man that’s a nice ride!! ZL1?
  11. Maxx Mazda

Mint work Alex!
  12. Maxx Mazda

What are you planning for a new car? Still going to do Knox Mountain this year if youve still got it?
  13. Maxx Mazda

2015 Build Thread

Shouldn’t be that big of an issue without welding the pinion shaft, you’ll just have some side to side “slop” in the steering wheel before it actually does anything. Welding it ensures that the steering feel is very precise and direct.
  14. Maxx Mazda

2015 Build Thread

the rack de-powering was covered earlier in this thread.
  15. Maxx Mazda

2015 Build Thread

With the turbo oil feed taken care of, I decided to see what I could do with the drain side. I wasn't totally happy with the first one I came up with, and this build is about every little detail. "Good enough" isn't in my vocabulary. Rather than the two 90* fittings and the straight drop out...
  16. Maxx Mazda

2015 Build Thread

Only the best fluids for this build. I wasn't sure if I'd have enough of the Ate SuperBlue, so I picked up a can of Wilwood Hi-Temp racing just in case. The SuperBlue has been outlawed in Canada and is impossible to find. I know there is a lot of literature out there on running an oil...
  17. Maxx Mazda

2015 Build Thread

All vacuum lines were replaced with high temp Turbosmart silicone lines. They are thick-walled and guaranteed not to collapse or balloon under high boost or vacuum conditions. Next task was to figure out some sort of coolant overflow. I found an aluminum can down at Mopac, but the...
  18. Maxx Mazda

2015 Build Thread

As you'll see later, I actually ended up swapping out this 45* fitting on the turbo oil feed for a 90*. But, pics of it installed anyways, along with some other misc. engine accessories fitted. As I got to work on the oil drain line, it's short length combined with how low the turbo sits...
Back