Search results

1. 5

After 170,000 trouble free miles, my 2010 Mazda 5 threw a rod!

I'm at about 178k and it still doesn't burn oil and the oil light comes on at start up. Thanks for the heads up on this, as it will make me check the oil more frequently. I'm hoping to get another 10k out of mine or so. Its been fairly trouble free and easy on the wallet to own. The only...
  2. 5

Mazda5 real-world Mileage numbers

Since new I've consistently gotten mid 20's to 30mpg plus on my 08 5AT with mostly highway driving. Mine has over 170k on it and I still get the same mileage. I agree about the poor city mileage, especially with heavy AC usage(I've dropped below 20mpg before) and running over 75mph takes its...
  3. 5

Differences between 2013-15 models

I know the differences between the first year 12-13 models, just wondering for those of you that have 13-15 models if there are any differences. For those that have Touring and GT models, do you like the bluetooth speaker set up? Also wondering if the Sport models have a USB and aux jack, as I...
  4. 5

New to the Mazda crowd

Congrats on the new ride. I've got 166k on mine and its still running well. You might want to wait on some of the mods till the CPO warranty expires, as you don't want to give Mazda a reason to deny a claim.
  5. 5

Looking to purchase MZ5 and join the community!

As far as maintenance is concerned, I'd be most worried about the transmission fluid. I get mine changed about every 30k, its cheap insurance. There is no maintenance interval for it or the brake fluid. Make sure they both get done.
  6. 5

Regarding the vibration, the rotors on these cars warp pretty easily. Either live with the vibration or see if they are machinable(if there is enough metal left). I've had mine machined before and it goes away for a while, then it comes back. I'm still on my original rotors in the rear and have...
  7. 5

When I was looking to buy in 07/08 I purposely bought an '08 for a few reasons. 1. Most important if you live in a warm climate: REAR AIR/FAN control. 2. Standard climate control across the whole range. 3. No abnormal tire wear issues. Stick with Yokahama 580's. 4. Built in Aux connection 6. A...
  8. 5

Dynamic Stability Control on Mazda 5

2010 is the only year the first gen has it and its on all models. An easy way to identify a 2010 model is they have no turn signal repeaters on the front quarters. The DSC button is located on top of the dash, center, near the clock/hazard buttons. 2012-15 models all have it and the button is...
  9. 5

On the market for a 2012+...any buyers tips?

US cars are packaged slightly different than Canada ones. In the US: 2012 models don't have a USB or parking sensors. 2014-2015 have slightly different steering wheel trim on Touring and GT models. Its always good to get the model year after a redesign. Sport models come with 16 in rims while...
  10. 5

Great Tires

Just wanted everyone to know that I have over 44k now on some Yokohama YK580's, which is further than I've ever gone on a set of tires on my van. Tire wear is one of the few downsides to the 5 and since I drive a lot it is very important to my bottom line. Stock size and rotated every 4-5k.
  11. 5

I have noticed that RPM's are lower on the freeway in 2012-2015 auto models compared to my 2008 auto, which should lead to better MPG. However, with the displacement going from 2.3 to 2.5, the lower cruising RPM's may be countered by the slightly bigger displacement of the newer motor. I can...
  12. 5

Rear brakes and rotor @ 60k

The front and rear brake pads lasted over 100k on my 08 5AT before I needed new ones. I still have the original rotors on the rear at 158k.
  13. 5

Just got 30.7 mpg with AC on. 152k on my 08 5AT.
  14. 5

The 100K (Mile or Kilometer) Mazda5 Club

Just hit 150k in my 08 5AT.
  15. IMG_0969 (1).JPG

IMG_0969 (1).JPG

16. 5

The 100K (Mile or Kilometer) Mazda5 Club

I'm at 147k miles on my 08 5AT and wondered what the consensus was on doing spark plugs. I did mine at 75k and replaced them with the Mazda OEM, I think it was NGK or Nippon Denso. Car still gets 26-30ish MPG.
  17. 5

Just got 30.5mpg out of my 08 5AT. 95% highway averaging about 70mph. It just turned over to 146k, so I'm pretty happy with the MPG. I changed the plugs at 75k per owners manual and planned on changing them again at 150k. Using the stock plugs, anyone have an opinion on their true life?
  18. 5

2015 mazda5 sport $18630 or Touring $19968

Go touring. The built in bluetooth, which was only available on the GT when I got my 08, is the one major thing I really wish I had. It was over 3k difference between the Sport and GT at that time, so I went Sport and got a bluetooth at Costco. 145k later I still think I made the right choice...
  19. 5

Mazda5 ATF Recommendations...Fluid, cooler, filter?

I do tranny fluid exchanges every 30-40k. I'm at about 140k on my 08 now with no transmission issues.
  20. 5

Just did a 330 mile trip and got 30mpg out of my 08 5AT with 138k. Very pleased its still pulling good highway numbers.
Back