Search results

1. B

Looking for rear shift bushing

I've been gone for a while, so this might already exist, but I don't remember anyone ever mentioning it before, so here goes... I have no idea what to call this, so I just took a picture. I have the Kartboy & Bronzeoil bushings along with Redline tranny fluid. My shifter is almost perfect, but...
  2. B

PICS: MAM FMIC installed

A friend of mine ordered his MAM FMIC when they first came out & we just got all the parts within the last week (with the exception of the Reflex BPV, which is on the way from Rich). This install took longer than anything I have done thus far, but we were working from Rich's rough draft...
  3. B

5000 posts!

It's taken 16 months, but I finally hit 5000 posts! I finally became a moderator too. :D (flash) (nana) (flash) (nana) (flash) (nana) (flash) (nana) (flash) (nana)
  4. B

SPEED Indoor Racing

I went with some friends of mine last night to go racing at SPEED. Our club president is an employee, so we were able to do some after-hours racing. I've raced go karts before in several different states, but never anything like this. There were 10 people racing & 8 of them were pros (much...
  5. B

11 second SRT-4

http://www.radford.edu/~jseemuell/SILVERSCOOBY.wmv I don't know if that is a complete mod list, but if it is, it didn't even take that much to hit 11s. The silver Civic in the beginning is running a turbo K20. The race with the Z06 is awesome...apparently that car has quite a few mods too.
  6. B

My avatar came to life!

I've had the Cookie Monster avatar for like a year now. I found it on some other automotive forum, but decided to use it for myself because it's cool & I remember watching Cookie Monster when I was a kid. A few weeks ago, I came up with the crazy idea to make my avatar real so he could ride...
  7. B

A/C & PS are gone!

First, I'd like to thank Jeff & the other people I talked to for help with this project. I'd also like to point out how TOTALLY misleading Jeff's thread about this was too. :p He said that this only takes an hour & that the resulting weight savings was 80lbs. In reality, it's more like 6...
  8. B

To all of you who bought PCP black headlights...

:p http://x3racing.com/product.asp?pid=HD-KS-MP01-BK http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7939321006&category=33710 I saw these on eBay & checked their site. X3Racing now has black headlights for the sedan (even though it says P5) that look just like stock...
  9. B

Help with Blitz TT uninstall

I am posting this for Mike (mspeed101)... He has the Blitz TT & is taking it off to put on the GReddy. I have done 2 GReddy installs & have no problems with that, but he isn't putting the GReddy on right after we uninstall the Blitz. I only know how to wire things (& even then I'm just a...
  10. B

FINALLY found the MSP I've been looking for!

A friend of mine drives a really nice RSX-S. His older brother, one of my best friends, had planned on selling his Civic & getting an RSX-S as well. I did my best to explain why the MSP was a better choice, but his mind was made up. Unfortunately, he didn't realize that the MSP was indeed a...
  11. B

EMS solutions for the MSP

I hardly know anything about EMS, but I thought I'd try to organize this EMS bickering into something constructive. I think the only way to properly choose a tuning option is to compare them independently of the car they are installed in. *EDIT: All of the names are now links to where each can...
  12. B

FINALLY spotted: MSMs!

I saw a Titanium MSM yesterday while driving with a white BC2-equipped Jetta. This was something like 50-100 miles south of Tampa on 75N. It looked to be an older guy & he was driving with the top down. I think we might have surprised him as we went by too. :D I MIGHT have seen another one at...
  13. B

Need help with BOV choice

I need help! I'm ordering the BEGI FMIC, but I want to figure out my BOV setup before I do in case I need to have a different flange welded on. I currently have the Forge BOV on the stock plastic IC pipes. It works well, but I do get stalling occasionally. Since I'll be getting hardpipes...
  14. B

My dad's RX300 was stolen!

It was stolen out of the valet lot of a restaurant in Miami. It's a 2002 white Lexus RX300...he just put new tires on 2 days ago & some of his stuff was inside. Apparently, the valet guys were busy & didn't lock the key locker, so the thief must have just opened it, taken the key, & driven off...
  15. B

Wingless pictures!

No one noticed my post & I took more pictures, so I'm posting a new thread so I can stop TJing Marc's. Here are the 2 I posted right after we took it off...
  16. B

Aug 9th: Walmart pics

I met with some MSP owners at the Walmart in Boca tonight. I know Javier & Mike from the IPMC meets, but it was my first time meeting everyone else. I took pictures of everyone's car (except for the yellow MSP that showed up at the end) & I'm working with Todd to learn everyone's name. I am...
  17. B

Samco hoses are here!

EDIT: Hoses are installed...pics are on page 2. I was gone almost all day, but when I got home, I noticed a package on my doorstep. As usual, Forge Motorsport has some of the fastest shipping EVAR! :D I was part of the 1st batch from the Samco GB, so I got a set of hoses that Forge had in...
  18. B

Canadian MSP article

This could be a repost, but I've never seen this before. I was looking for stuff online & happened on this article by some Canadian site or magazine. They spoke very highly of it & I thought it was worth sharing. ENJOY! http://www.sportandtouringcar.com/Preview_Mazdaspeed.htm
  19. B

Autoweek review on SPEED

I just caught the end of the Autoweek review of the MSM & I heard them say something surprising. Apparently one of the reviewers complained about some kind of bouncing problem that made the car enjoyable for about "2% of her total driving time." Maybe it's just because she was a chick, but I...
  20. B

Rear motor mount labor?

I went to the dealer today to inquire about getting my rear AWR mount installed. The Assistant Service Manager told me that the MSP wasn't even listed & he was only able to bring up the #s for the regular Protege. Since AWR only makes one set of mounts for all of the Proteges, I didn't think...
Back