Search results

1. S

Mazdaspeed Protege Clutch sticky in the down position

Hello has anyone else had this issue? Driving along, and then it feels like the clutch pedal just "falls down" is is sticky in the depressed state. You can kick it back up to keep driving but it doesn't seem right. Looks like in general folks have bled their fluids, or its generally a...
  2. S

MSP pipe that connects to the turbo

Hey all, my car just got a lot meaner and groans when accelerating. The shop said the pipe connected to the turbo has a hole in it. Do I need to replace this (they said it was cast iron) or should I try a gasket first? If I were to replace this, where can I buy the part?
  3. S

Rear brakes seizing up

Probably too late but before you ditch perfectly good calipers as i did, start with the $20 rear brake rubber hose
  4. S

J pipe

Did yours rust over too?
  5. S

2003 Mazdaspeed Protege - Delay before it cranks

spot on, Natey. Just FYI to close the loop, it was a loose connection with my clutch safety switch after the clutch was replaced - in case someone runs into the same issue.
  6. S

2002 Protege 5 will not start....might be relay?

Just FYI to close the loop, it was a faulty connection to my clutch safety switch after the clutch was replaced - in case someone runs into the same issue.
  7. S

2002 Protege 5 will not start....might be relay?

any idea on the part number for a 03 mazdaspeed protege?
  8. S

battery is new. this started happening after the clutch was changed. in a video i saw that there was some relay for the clutch/starter in the fuse box.. wondering if that could be it (?)
  9. S

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this - when putting in the key, and turning the key, there is a delay before it starts to crank. As long as it cranks, it always starts, but often times there is at least a 2-3 second delay. Any guesses on what this can be/ what the fix it...
  10. S

03 Protege ES Wont Start

Hey guys, my car has a delay before it starts to crank. Thinking it could be the starter relay - does anyone have pics of where it is located? The image from the 2014 post is gone.
  11. S

MSP part out

would you sell a racing hart rim? One of mine is bent :(
  12. S

Protege Part Sale - ***EVERYTHING MUST GO***

would you sell a racing hart rim? One of mine is bent :(
  13. S

HOW TO: Replace Valve Cover Gasket

Bumping an old thread. Does anyone have pics of where to apply the RTV?
  14. S

Recommendations on Rear brake replacements

And to close the loop - its FRC11551 and FRC11552 for the rear calipers.
  15. S

Recommendations on Rear brake replacements

Just in case anyone searches this in the future, I bought FRC11813/FRC11814 - they are not the right fit, guessing its for a P5.
  16. S

Car stalls after acceleration + putting car in neutral

Hi all - hoping someone can help me with some ideas. All I have modded is an Injen intake. After heavy acceleration (WOT here you can hear the turkey) if I throw the car to neutral, the RPMs will drop down to 0 where it may/may not stall out. Any ideas on what to look for? TIA!
  17. S

2003 Mazda Protege 5 Partout! Today only!

Hello - if its still available, please can I buy your wheel caps and the screws? I think each one has 5 - if I remember correctly its a hex screw (?)
  18. S

Brembro caliper covers

hey are these still avail? skilletrx [at] hotmail . com
  19. S

HELP: Intermittent Slight Metal Grinding Noise

Hi all, all is good in the world - but recently I did a hard run (rare) Thursday night, and on the following day to work on Friday, going to and from work, I heard this thrashing/metal scratching noise up front. Any idea what it could be? Oil levels are ok Turned on/off AC, still...
Back