Search results

1. V

Spark plug wires?

I know there’s a post for which spark plugs we should run in our cars, Are the Denso Plug wires on rockauto.com any good?
  2. V

LF: Rear caliper mounting bracket, pads and a rotor???

Hello all, I am looking for the rear passenger side caliper mounting bracket, a pair of pads and a rotor for a Protege 5 that are in decent shape.. Please let me know whats out there? Thanks Chris K.
  3. V

Looking to rebuild my MSP

Hello all I have a yellow 2003.5 MSP, that is completely rusted out and is unsafe to drive. The front strut towers are rusted out and there is some other rust on the car. I am looking for suggestions on the best way to fix this? I am thinking a donor non running MSP, and do a motor swap or...
  4. V

215/45/18 will these fit?

I just picked up some speed3 wheels and the are wrapped in these size tires. I am driving on tockio blues with eibach springs.. will these tires fit my car? Thanks! Chris K.
  5. V

Protege, Protege 5, & Mazda 3 floor mats.

Hello all, I have a few floor mats laying around and would like to get rid of them, if no one wants them I will probably just pitch em. 35 shipped if anyone is interested. I have a protege drives mat in decent shape, except for the grip on the bottom is basically gone. 2 protege 5 rear mats...
  6. V

WTB: protege 5 drivers floor mat

I'm looking for a mazda protege 5 drivers side floor mat, anyone got one?
  7. V

Other options for rear sway bar links?

Rear swaybar endlinks options? I just replaced the endlinks on my protege 5, I have tokico blues all the way around. I forgot to measure the old endlinks before I got rid of them, however when I ordered the replacement endlinks, they were like 3 inches too long, so I sent those back and...
  8. V

Rear shocks for the protege 5

Is anyone selling rear shocks for the protege 5? Looking for some tokico's
  9. V

Rear brakes and emergency brake issues, looking for help??

So I changed my front and rear brakes fronts were no problem, the rear brakes on the other hand were a little more difficult. I had a hard time separating the caliper to grease the rod, I had to beat it with a hammer to get them to separate. I got everything apart and greased up and put back...
  10. V

Looking for the best place to buy brakes for the protege?

Where is the best place to get decent brakes at a good price for our cars?
  11. V

Extremely bad gas mileage!!!!! Looking for answers??

Hello all my car has around 209,000 miles on her, and is still running fairly well. I was able to get around 400 miles to a tank of gas, but as of late not so well. The current tank lasted around 310-315, and depends on what type of gas I run in it. I have recently done a tune up on it, plugs...
  12. V

eBay HID'S

Thinking about getting a set of hid's for my pro5 and was wondering if anyone purchased any off of eBay or has recommendations on which kit to go with? Thank you.
  13. V

MSP cranks but doesn't turn over, looking for suggestions?

Hello, I've always wanted a turbo charged car, so I bought this MSP non-running with 86,000 miles on it. I thought if I could get it running it would be a great project car and daily driver while I could work on fixing up my protege 5. First off, the crankshaft sensor was spliced in, the...
  14. V

Coil pack?

Has anyone used autozone coil packs before? I need new ones and don't have time to order them shipped. Any info would be helpful? Thanks
  15. V

Protege 5, MP3 parts new and used.

Mazda MP3 intake manifold, so no VTS/VTCS $125.00 shipped-SOLD Mazda Protege 5 *************** header/gaskets brand new paid 145.00 shipped looking for 145.00 shipped OBO-SOLD! Mazda protege 5 taillights 75.00 shipped-SOLD Mazdaspeed Protege headlights 90.00 shipped-SOLD Mazda protege 5/timken...
  16. V

Protege misc parts

Hello, I have a few parts for sale, msp egr roughly 86,000 miles on it, just cleaned and ready to go $50.00 shipped, msp clutch mileage unsure, and unsure if it's usable do to chips in the plate, if anyone is interested $65.00 OBO. MSP headlight wiring harness, some bulbs included $40.00...
  17. V

Why does my car idle like this after I fill up?

So after I fill my tank up and start the car this is what it does, the idle drops and rises it does this until I start driving then it smoothed itself out. Would anyone know why this might be happening? Thanks Chris...
  18. V

Tune up time

I just broke over 200,000 miles on my MP5 and need to give her a good tune up what do you guys suggest? Thanks....
  19. V

Authentic MP3 ECU

Hello everyone I was running this Mazda MP3 ECU in my Pro5 for a couple years. I have enjoyed this tuned racingbeat ECU in my car but have fell on some hard times. I just swap it out of my car tonight with the original MP5 ECU.. This is not a flash ECU but an original MP3 ECU, I am looking...
  20. V

1 yellow, and 1 black MSP

Okay so I bought the yellow and black MSP with the plans on turbocharging my red MP5 and maybe having a second car. Unfortunately I am completely broke and I now need to sell both these cars asap. The yellow one runs but is really rusted out. The yellow MSP has 157,000 miles on it but runs...
Back