Search results

1. C

Chasing the clunk

UPDATE Replaced the rear struts with KYB Gas-a-Just for $108 shipped, replaced the top strut mounts with KYB parts for $30 shipped, and the clunk is gone. I could have reused the top mounts, but at $15 each for new ones, it was a no-brainer. I probably should have replaced the end links while...
  2. C

Chasing the clunk

If plan B doesn't work, this will be plan C.
  3. C

Chasing the clunk

Rear spring upper seats or rear strut upper mount?
  4. C

Chasing the clunk

I just checked local dealer parts dept, it's not listed individually but sold as part of the entire strut assembly -- that leads me to believe they consider it a wear item they routinely replace when the dealership replaces the struts. I ordered KYB replacements, which will match my KYB...
  5. C

Chasing the clunk

Your talking about the part where the top bolts to the car, right? (on top of the strut on #7). did you get aftermarket or from Mazda? [/URL][/IMG]
  6. C

Chasing the clunk

definitely back; front bushings were replaced last year.
  7. C

Chasing the clunk

2010, 85K miles, with rear suspension clunk. Replaced the rear sway bar bushings, no significant difference. Pulled the wheels to look at struts. This one (driver rear) looks like it's leaking -- you can see where I wiped the fluid with my finger. Does this look blown to you? Thanks in...
  8. C

What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

Must be the season, just finished rear sway bar bushings. I did the front last year, actually, a friend of mine with a lift, power tools and knowledge did most of the work...
  9. C

Broken JBR Sway Bar

I have a lot of JBR parts for my MS3 for this very reason, they are unparalleled when it comes to customer service. One of these days I hope to sneak their RSB on the 5 and see how long until the wife notices.
  10. C

Mazda5 Interior / Cargo Flexibility Photos

New (to me) B6ZE for the Miata. I had no hoist to unload it, so I improvised. Most of the stuff is back there to keep the motor from moving around on the 300 mile trip home. I wasn't sure how I was going to secure it, so instead I wedged it in with a bunch of old blankets and drop...
  11. C

Must stop the knocking!!!

that was last year and so far so good. as for the job...not so easy. Luckily i have a friend with a lift, tools and know how. I think we had about 70K miles on it at the time, FWIW.
  12. C

Put on the winter shoes. Found one screw and one nail in the summer tires and the inside of almost every single tire was showing wear! I'm tired of this car killing the inside tread of my tires!
  13. C

Must stop the knocking!!!

I replaced the front sway bar bushings on the wife's 2010 5; i just used stock replacement parts.
  14. C

Self-service emissions test; scan the barcode on the door-jam, insert cordless obd plug into car, start car, wait 3 minutes while test runs, get print out that says I'm done and passed. One of the few things IL has done right.
  15. C

2013 Mazda5 turbocharger installation

What is it that Tom Petty said...waiting is the hardest part.
  16. C

Mazda5 Tires: Issues & Replacement Recommendations

Keep a close eye on these; I just replaced my set with about 30K on them and had one close to fully separate. I religiously rotated them every 7K miles or so and put them on after a fresh alignment. At least one other was showing signs of excess inside wear. Maybe I had a bad one. Either...
  17. C

Yokohama AVID ENVigor 205-50-17 first impressions.

I'm done with Kumho, just had a LX Platinum separate after about 30K; it showed heavy wear on inside shoulder -- I had them religiously rotated at every oil change too (alignment after installed new too). It may have been a fluke, but I'm done with Kuhmo. Hope the Yokohama's work out for you.
  18. C

Finally replaced front and rear sway bar bushings; clunking is gone! Also found that one of my Kumho LX platinum's is separating -- ordered new tires and have scratched Kuhmo's off any future tire consideration.
  19. C

JBR adds 155hp and 150 lb-ft of torque to the stable!

Nice; i can't wait to see what's in store.
  20. C

Any update? I'm about to do the same.
Back