Search results

1. N

SSR Type C-RS 17x8 +48, Matte Black Forged Rims, 15.7 lbs apiece!, 5x114.3 Bolt Patt

SSR Type C-RS 17x8 +48, Matte Black Forged Rims, 15.7 lbs apiece!, 5x114.3 Bolt Pattern, Set of 4 For Sale: Set of 4 SSR Type C-RS, Matte Black Forged rims. All are 17x8 with +48 offset, 5x114.3 bolt pattern, have a 79.5 hub bore, and weigh only 15.7 lbs apiece. All are in EXCELLENT shape...
  2. N

Polyurethane Right-side Engine Mount--2.3L?

Does anybody know of someone that makes a polyurethane replacement for the right-side engine mount on the 2.3L engine? I have the TRZ rear engine mount and the transmission mount but I can't find a more "solid" right side mount than an OEM replacement. Anyone know of any?!
  3. N

Rattling Valves

As the weather started cooling down in October I started noticing a new sound from my '04 Mazda 3 2.3L engine upon acceleration that sounded like rattling valves. I had been running 87 octane gas for a long time now for better fuel mileage so I switched to 89 octane thinking that might help...
  4. N

Angel Eyes/Halo question. PLEASE HELP!

Just got finished installing my Angel Eyes on my 3. One problem...the right side (passenger) is not as bright as the left side (driver). Any idea what would cause this? I DID use a heavier gauge wire (16 gauge compared to ballasts' 22 gauge) to connect the driver's side positive and negative...
  5. N

LED interior 3rd brake light on 5-door

I own a 2004 3 5-door and have recently bought a set of LED tailights that I'll install once the weather improves. I'd like to convert my normal bulb 3rd brake light to LED also. What year was the 3rd brake light moved from the interior of the car to the rear spoiler? 2006? 2007? If so, did...
  6. N

Bad Alternator?

I was driving home tonight in my '04 3 hatchback and downshifted to pass a car in front of me. The car revs up to above 4000 rpm and I notice the needle on my voltmeter drop from 14V to slightly below 12V and the headlights dim. I leave it in 4th and it stays around 12V. I shift into 5th...
  7. N

Subwoofer question...

I have an 8" Rockford Fosgate 4-ohm Punch sub in a small sealed enclosure located in the back corner of my 3 hatch (see attached pic). Recently the sub has been cutting out. If my car has been sitting for a while (ie overnight) and I start it up, my sub works fine till I shut the car off...
  8. N

Waterproofing/Water-resisting your CAI

Anybody have any luck with the AEM bypass valve? Saw that they make it for various intake tube diameters. http://www.*************.com/mazda3wagon.htm AEM claims that it makes your CAI system waterproof. I can't help but think that this valve would restrict or disrupt the smooth airflow into...
  9. N

Diameters of OEM front and rear sways?

Does anyone know the diameter of the OEM front and rear sway bars for the MS3?
  10. N

WTB: EMERGENCY! Need Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor plug!

Does anyone have or know where I can buy a replacement MAF sensor plug for ANY 2004-2006 Mazda 3, 5, or 6? I'm dead in the water until I get one! I had the wires break one by one (they're so freakin' brittle!) and resolded new wires on each pin inside the plug making sure they were long enough...
  11. N

HELP! EMERGENCY! Need MAF sensor plug!

Does anyone have or know where I can buy a replacement MAF sensor plug for a Mazda 3 2.3L engine? I'm dead in the water until I get one! I had the wires break one by one (they're so freakin' brittle!) and resolded new wires on each pin inside the plug making sure they were long enough to have...
  12. N

Questions on lowering my 3

My shocks are all worn out at 72,000 miles and I'm looking to replace them all with a set of Koni sports on my daily driver 2004 Mazda 3 5-door. While I'm at it I was thinking of lowering my car (mild drop) with a Eibach pro-kit but I have a few questions... 1. I heard or read somewhere that...
  13. N

Mazda 6 sunroof deflector repair

Went to close the sunroof of my 6 today after getting home from washing it and the spring-loaded wind deflector got hung-up on something and didn't lower as the roof was closing. Consequently the "plastic" joint on the right side of the deflector (the right angle where the deflector attaches to...
  14. N

Alternator upgrade for the 3?

I have a Rockford Fosgate Punch 60 amp powering a 6" RF Punch sub in a custom enclosure to help out the bass on the stock audio system. It was professionally installed by the previous owner. I'm having headlight dimming problems at higher volumes that I believe would be solved with a more...
  15. N

Needing Opinions on Painting Brake Calibers

Needing Opinions on Painting Brake Calipers Got a kit to paint the stock calipers red on my black 04 Mazda 3 hatchback. My question is...Should I just paint JUST the caliper (5) red or BOTH the caliper (5) and the mounting support (9) on the front brakes? The mounting support isn't as...
Back