Search results

1. D

2007 Mazda CX-7 - Threw a P2006 code with Check Engine Light on - Swirl Issue

My MS3 2007 had been throwing this code for years. I replaced all sorts of stuff and got same dealer run around. Finally by chance when my spark plugs came up for replacement I replaced OEM with Denso (5339) ITV20 Iridium Power Spark Plug and the problem went away for good. It's been over...
  2. D

HOW TO: Replace Cabin Air Filter

I leave msp3 in "auto" mode which keeps the a/c available all the time and runs it frequently. No musty. My old Saturn got musty and I would spray the a/c air intake under the wipers with Lysol while running it at each oil change and that seemed to solve it.
  3. D

MS3 Stall On Cold Start

I have same experience as the guys that let the clutch out slowly. Over the holidays I had few consecutive days in northern NH that were around zero F each morning. The first two mornings I noticed that the engine stalled exactly after letting the clutch out after firing up. The next couple...
  4. D

I am a non-smoker. The filters were pretty clean at 30K miles. You could hold them up to the light and see quite well through them. In fact I've set them aside for possible re-use. The climate in New England is not very dusty and there are few gravel roads. I was not having any problems...
  5. D

Introduction: The maintenance interval for the cabin air filter is 30,000 miles. I ordered a replacement WIX #24482 on line at www.nationalfilters.com for $13.56 + $7.55 S&H (to New England). The appearance was identical to and the fit was exactly like the OEM that came out. It took 2...
  6. oldFilters.png

oldFilters.png

7. removeGlove.png

removeGlove.png

8. removeFuseBracket.png

removeFuseBracket.png

9. topTrim.png

topTrim.png

10. gloveBox.png

gloveBox.png

11. D

HOW TO: Remove A Rear Door Panel

Description: Remove the rear door panel of a Mazdaspeed 3. This may be necessary to access the speakers, repair a window regulator, or access the sheet metal of the outer door panel. A 2007 model year was used for this project and the left rear door panel is shown. Tools Needed: Phillips...
  12. insideDoor.jpg

insideDoor.jpg

13. windowSwitchConnectorAfterRelease.jpg

windowSwitchConnectorAfterRelease.jpg

14. insidePanel.jpg

insidePanel.jpg

15. releaseWindowSwitchConnector.jpg

releaseWindowSwitchConnector.jpg

16. panelLoose.jpg

panelLoose.jpg

17. D

Blizzak's on OEM wheels

Like the Bridgestone Blizzaks on MS3 I bought the MS Rays Wheel upgrades for the summer tires and used the OEM snowflake wheel for Blizzaks. We had a very snowy winter last year and felt more secure on those 4 snow tires than any other setup I've had on any other car. I pulled out of some...
  18. D

I could use some help with an experiment...

I see the same over-estimate of mpg. My own theory is that the system is calibrated for 100% gasoline whereas all the gas I buy is at least 10% ethanol. Since ethanol has only half the energy density of gasoline then the mass flow meter is going to be off but so will the mileage. I'm not...
  19. D

Should I buy a Speed3??????

Hey! I live in Ma too. I drove it part of '06-'07 after driving a Saturn. The stock Bridgestones combined with the stability control were equal to the Saturn that had all season BF Goodrich on them. In '07-'08 I got the Blizzak winter tires. It was like driving a tank. I go up to the...
  20. D

Rain-Sensing Wipers question

Something I figure out by trial and error I noticed that if the wipers want to run too much or too little, if I pull them down to continuous for a minute or so then back to auto then they behave much better. Perhaps the controller uses the condition of the rain sensor at the moment the auto...
Back