Search results

1. V

Cai/bov/bpv

Your car already has a diaphragm-type bypass valve installed. You'll always need a valve of some sort. Many people on these boards like to relocate the MAF to the cold charge pipe so they can have their VTA "pssssh" sound. It isn't necessary to do this and is purely for aesthetics. Our MAF...
  2. V

Options for replacing factory struts and springs

No need to replace the springs unless they are damaged. Surface rust is acceptable If you're wanting exactly the ride height you had from the factory, the OEM MSP struts are the way to go since the spring perches are custom. Off the shelf Racing Beat springs and Tokico struts are different from...
  3. V

MAM Manifold, GT Spec, Perrin

Hey, sorry for the delayed response. Are the trailing links fully enclosed (four walls) or just three-sided like the stockers? A few more pics of them would be helpful. Thanks.
  4. V

MAM Manifold, GT Spec, Perrin

Are you selling all four lateral links or just two?
  5. V

How do I uninstall my WHOLE turbo system?

You will need to find a MANUAL 2.0L ECU from a Protege/Protege5.
  6. V

How do I uninstall my WHOLE turbo system?

If the EGR valve sees no air/exhaust flow, it will throw a CEL. It's not like the VICS/VTCS solenoids which can remain plugged in without any vacuum source connected. The EGR valve opens only at idle. If the EGR valve is drawing fresh air instead of exhaust, this fresh air is referred to as...
  7. V

How-to, 4Pot Brembo BBK on cheapish...

Maybe it's just perspective but those rotors look smaller than stock MS6 rotors.
  8. V

Exhaust

I paid considerably less than $1000 for my Vibrant system when they were still available. In fact I never saw it sold for that much at any vendor when I was shopping around. IMO, you were seriously gouged if you did. Also, AFAIK, the system was never sold mass-market without a catalyzed...
  9. V

Exhaust

The Pope manifold will probably last longer than your car. Easily one of the best parts you can buy for your MSP. Once you have it in your hands you'll know exactly what we're all talking about. If you can find one, the Vibrant Performance exhaust they used to make for the MSP is one of the...
  10. V

Mazdaspeed 1.3bar Radiator Cap

Price drop bump. I'll take $50 shipped for this.
  11. V

Bump! This is still available. :)
  12. V

If your current cap on your Mishimoto radiator has a spring like this, then no: I'm selling my Mazdaspeed cap that worked with my OEM radiator because my new Ron Davis radiator required the use of this style of cap. Hope this helps.
  13. V

Up for sale is my GREEN 1.3bar Mazdaspeed radiator cap. It is in excellent condition and still seals perfectly. I've added a close-up and well-lit picture of the sealing surface for verification. I'd like to get $50 shipped for this. Thanks for looking!
  14. V

New P. E. P/Pope Downpipe and turbo manifolds.

My Callaway held up well for twelve years, but it did finally start warping and cracking. It's a matter of "when" and not "if" with the stock manifolds. Tom's manifold will most likely live longer than your car. :)
  15. V

The Callaway manifold will eventually crack and/or warp. If it's not in your price range now, I'd recommend saving for both the downpipe and the manifold from Tom. You will pass emissions without VICS and VTCS. Plug the harness into the solenoids but don't connect the solenoids to any vacuum...
  16. V

Each modification done to a car is complementary. A larger downpipe will certainly help a turbocharged car breathe better (Pope's downpipe is huge compared to the stock s-pipe), but it works much more efficiently in tandem with a higher-flowing/less-restrictive intake manifold, exhaust manifold...
  17. V

New manifold-to-turbo studs from Callaway: http://shop.callawaycars.com/Exhaust-Manifold-to-Turbo-Stud-MSP10001003.htm Mazda part numbers for studs and nuts for head-to-manifold: 9985-10-822A - Stud 9994-60-800 - Nut The nuts are gonna be a little expensive because they are oblong.
  18. V

Chiming in again. Just to give any doubters an idea of how solid this manifold is... one of the lower bolts in mine fell out somewhere recently, and I haven't had the time to put another one in yet. I'll have some free time to fix this soon, but so far (roughly three weeks) there is zero...
  19. V

Forge Bypass Valve

Do you still use the stock T-fitting for the vacuum lines for the wastegate actuator and bypass valve? A strong, independent vacuum source for your WGA and BPV may help a little bit. At the very least, it will eliminate one of the possibilities.
  20. V

Had a few dtc's yesterday, need some insight

Check your ignition coils and spark plug wires. The poor idle/running and flashing CEL has happened to me twice. The first time it was a bad coil (I replaced both at the same time) and the second time a small gash in the plug wiring insulation was causing the spark to ground out on my valve...
Back