Search results

1. A

Jazzy's BJII SP20

The offset is measured from the middle of the wheel. Therefore, the MSP rims will have a 15mm wider track overall.
  2. A

New Issues After Installing FSZE Intake Manifold. Hopefully Simple?

And here we get to the issue. It is likely that the light Fidanza is part of the problem. I had similar issues when I had big cams getting more air through the engine. Your manifold will be getting more air into the engine and your ecu will be close to the limit of keeping your idle high...
  3. A

'91 626 starter on an FSDE?

Nice! Hopefully it keeps turning over for you.
  4. A

'91 626 starter on an FSDE?

The 1.4kW starter is also found on KIA motors, possibly from the model with the FE3 engine in it. I can't quite remember how I worked out the right one but look carefully at the number of teeth and mounting bolt pattern. IIRC you are using a Microtech. I've found that with the MT, it's good to...
  5. A

Baffled OIl Pan

If you are looking at making your own, you should look up the Tomei universal baffle kits. I'm wondering if there would be enough benefit in putting a baffle just on the pulley (US passenger side) of the stock oil pickup - so basically in the middle of the oil pan. I'm not sure if that alone...
  6. A

JDM_Pro5's Build Thread

Thanks. No, it's a fibreglass bonnet in a similar style to yours but a different manufacturer I believe. I would have preferred the ones that Crazycaker used to sell but getting them over from the States was too much money.
  7. A

JDM_Pro5's Build Thread

Once I get my bonnet on, we will have very similar looking cars, except mines a sedan. http://www.astina gt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15769
  8. A

iracemine's purpose built N/A ST2 thread

If you are looking to change the PCV then look at ProVent products - I'm thinking of using the 200 model.
  9. A

Finished FS-ZE swap today in my 01 mp3.

Are you sure it's the crank angle sensor that needs to be swapped? The crank pulleys are different between the JDM and US engines but I haven't heard of the sensors being different.
  10. A

Microtech Library

On throttle, it should be fine. I know that tuning the cold start, hot start and idle maps use the vacuum reading, so that will be the interesting bit. It will depend on how consistent and strong a vac reading you can get off the ITBs (which they are not known for).
  11. A

Microtech Library

No, definitely not batch fire on injectors. While you could use a but of fuel overrun to cool the pistons, running batch fire for injectors wouldn't work.
  12. A

Finished FS-ZE swap today in my 01 mp3.

It is probably because you have the JDM crank pulley still on the engine. Swap it for the regular US Protege crank pulley and see if that helps.
  13. A

iracemine's purpose built N/A ST2 thread

I know the instructions to the MT often say to wire in a relay switch to the fuel pump. Did you do this? And can you hear that relay turn on and/or hear the fuel pump running? I haven't gone through the whole thread so just throwing ideas out there.
  14. A

Maleskimp3 Build Thread

If it does work, it might be worth seeing if there is a market for this part ;)
  15. A

Microtech X4 external ignitor

Yeah, I bought my Microtech with the X4 option already there. Microtech are a bit sneaky and often require you to send the unit back to them for features to be turned on (at a cost). Might be worth sending them an email to confirm whether this needs to be done.
  16. A

No, I didn't tune the car myself. Twighlightprotege and LordWorm installed the Microtech and tuned the car. I have spent a bit of time revising the wiring over the last few years, so I'm familiar with that side of things.
  17. A

I don't think there was a massive difference but moving through the rev range did seem to be slightly smoother. Comparing a couple of dyno charts, when the coils where in the power band was linear all the way up to 7k rpm. I don't know anything about the Haltech coils, sorry.
  18. A

The Bosch coils are not waste spark - they are sequential. The X4 module has similar type plugs to the Microtech ECU and is fairly easier to wire in. I think that you may need to get the Microtech unit reprogrammed to work with the X4 unit though. Have no idea where you could get them in the...
  19. A

Yup, I am. I don't know everything about it but I might be able to answer some questions.
  20. A

OFFICIAL: Protege RARE Parts Thread...

Tri-point cam gears :)
Back