Search results

1. C

Had Kenwood System Installed today...

Jazz Audio... GREAT guys and a great job. They did my CX-7 a couple of years ago and I was always very happy, so it was a no-brainer to go back to them with my CX-9. I'll try to take more photos over the next few days. Kenwood DNX7020EX (same as DNX9960 but without advanced VR) Navigation...
  2. C

Joining the CX-9 Family

Hey all, I'm a soon-to-be owner of a "new" pre-owned 2007 CX-9 as of tonight. I'm trading in my 2007 CX-7 while I still can. I've really loved the CX-7 despite some of it's "issues" but more and more I need to be able to seat more than 5 people, so I think the CX-9 will be a good fit. Getting...
  3. C

Moving on to CX-9

Finally letting my CX-7 with 70K miles go. I need something with 3 rows of seats and I've been living in fear of engine-failure since the AC debacle. I'm at the point where the CX-7 is starting to cost me too much money to maintain, so I figure it's time to get out while I can still get a decent...
  4. C

AC Compressor, VVT and Timing Chain

All big issues that can arise on the 2007 CX-7. I'm going through it with the AC Compressor now. Car is undriveable. It ended up a smokey mess on the site of the road. I'm going back and forth with Mazda now on getting them to pay for the repair. In the meantime, there's a TSB for the VVT...
  5. C

CX-7 owner - looking at Outlook and CX-9

Hey all, I'm a VERY happy CX-7 owner and looking to buy another car sometime soon. I want to buy pre-owned to save the money. I'm hoping to find a nicely equipped 07/08 Saturn Outlook (our other car is a Saturn) or a 07/08 CX-9. Radio/nav isn't all that important as I have no problem going...
  6. C

Remote Start Issues

Hey guys, Haven't been around for a while... still driving and lovin' the CX-7 (especially now that gas prices have dropped again - LOL)... however, I'm having a problem with the remote start. Was hoping maybe one of you guys have heard of this and/or know what the issue might be. I have the...
  7. C

All the way to Florida (and Back)

My family and I embarked on a vacation to Disney and just got back recently... we drove from New York to Florida in my CX-7 :) Family includes me and hubby and two teens, 14 and 19. First off, Disney was a blast. Anyone who hasn't been, GO! It's so much fun. It's a tiring vacation unless you...
  8. C

Finally Installed a Good System (Pioneer)...

(scroll down to my next reply for pictures) If you read my "Here We Go" thread, you already know that I decided to pull out the OEM Nav/Radio and put in an Aftermarket one... I went with the Pioneer Z2. I LOVE IT. The system really works great, sounds great and is 100 times better than the OEM...
  9. C

Here we go....

I'm at the car audio place now and they just started... Pioneer AVIC-Z2, Nav + Live Traffic, XM, fast iPod + Hard drive, Bluetooth, Rear Camera and DVD... I'll be here all day while they do the install... will keep ya all posted and will definitely post photos later!
  10. C

First Long Road-Trip: Impressions

Hi All, I haven't been around for a while, but I wanted to come and post some of my impressions of the CX-7 FWD GT after taking our first family road trip in May. Memorial Day weekend we went to the Poconos. It was a great trip, and all-in-all the CX-7 was great. Gas Mileage: Okay, I didn't...
  11. C

Tired of Waiting... New Audio System

Next Thursday I'm having a custom install done... My Bose/Sanyo POC Nav/Tech Package Monstrosity is being ripped out and I'm putting in the Pioneer AVIC-Z2. I'd LOVE it if there was a dash kit available but Metras and Scosche say it's not available and American International says "about 8...
  12. C

Wow... three problems all of a sudden

...and I'm not sure what forum to stick with, so I'll do it here... I've been real quiet about the check engine light "issue" for fear of jinxing myself (LOL) -- oh well, so much for that... Engine light popped on tonight. I checked the gas cap and will do so again tomorrow, and then call the...
  13. C

What Are Your Biggest Gripes?

Okay, so now that you've owned the car for at least a month (newbies, please hold off on answering for just a few more weeks! ;)) -- What are your biggest gripes or complaints with the car? Feel free to elaborate after answer the poll...
  14. C

What Are Your Biggest Gripes?

----- grrr
  15. C

iPod for Tech Package... is there hope?

Today I went to my audio guy and we talked about them ripping out my whole system and putting the Alpine IVA-W200 or W205 in. He wants a few days to do some research and we'll talk again on Tuesday. Meantime, someone over on Edmunds posted this: Went to my dealer (Pinnacle Mazda in Renton, WA)...
  16. C

Respond from Mazda on iPod +Tech

I wrote to them (you'll see my message below)... and here's the response I got: - - - - - Thanks for contacting Mazda. As of right now, there is not an iPod adapter that will work in conjunction with the Technology Package. I can assure you that our Product Planning Department is looking...
  17. C

Nav + Bose = Irked

Okay, I love the car, dig the navigation and the Bose system sounds pretty good for factory-provided... so let me just say those things. EVERYONE knows I'm pretty irked about lack of iPod support. But that's not what this post is about... So, what bugs me about the Head Unit on the Tech...
  18. C

iPhone Announced

Anyone following the Mac Expo - iPhone (iPod + Cellphone) is being announced officially by Steve Jobs as I type this...
  19. C

ARGH! Frustration!!! (more on lack of iPod)

(naughty) Okay, so my husband had a kick-butt stereo put in his car today, and I am SOOOOO jealous! (in a good way). Mind you, this has made me question my decision to go with the Tech Package and not just get the stock radio and do it up myself! (I do like the Nav system and the Satellite...
  20. C

OT: Pet Website

I started a new website and put it up today... it's for pet lovers to share photos of their pets. Members can rate photos and leave comments, and there's also a forum system. It's just for fun, not for profit. Any animals lovers out there are invited to participate :) http://PetSnapshots.com/
Back