Search results

1. B

Blow-Off Valve???

Just upgrade to hardpipes and run a dual setup. Then you won't have the stalling and you'll have the BOV sound that I think your looking for. I'm partial to the HKS super sequential but the greddy is just as good.
  2. B

Purchase or 2003 Mazdaspeed Protege

I wish I had an absolute answer to that question but i think some people just get lucky. Although you can usually tell when buying a used MSP whether or not the previous owner beat the crap out of it. Before I bought mine i drove a Yellow 03.5 and it was blatenly beat up. Also it was modded and...
  3. B

gaugues that match msp best

I have these guages as well and with the red backlight it matches perfect. They come with 2 backlight covers. Green and Red. Just slide the red cover over the light and your good to go. I'll try to get a pic. **EDIT** My mistake I have the original Ultralite design not the Ultralite 2 design.
  4. B

wats a good vac #

Thats the good ole' MSP boost setting for ya lol. 7psi is joke. I wish the motor wouldn't blow up otherwise I would raise it.
  5. B

Who loves their msp

I like threads like these because they make me appreciate my car more. About 2 months ago I was moments away from trading my MSP in for a 02 Lexus IS300 but couldn't do it. I have a generally stock setup but I still love the car.
  6. B

Is it time... again?

http://www.awrracing.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=253 Those are the Greaseable bushings I just installed if anybody is interested. Stock replacement. Fit perfectly. The picture shows them as Red bushing's but they are actually black.
  7. B

Purchase or 2003 Mazdaspeed Protege

It appears that everybody failed to mention the LSD problems many have had. I have not expierenced this problem myself but even as a daily driver(no racing etc.) it seems like people somewhere between about 50k-100k miles get a blown LSD. If your buying from a dealer just get the extended...
  8. B

Is it time... again?

I have heard this before as well. Most people say about 50k Miles and your potentially looking at bad struts and/or Endlinks.
  9. B

Is it time... again?

I just ordered Greasable replacement bushings for mine. Apparently you get a longer lifetime out of them than you do the stock replacement. Stock I would replace about every 3-5k miles depending on how much i drive. I should have the Greaseable Bushings in the next few days so i'll let ya know...
  10. B

MSP Mileage Check!!

03.5 Titanium Little over a year old(Since I bought it 2nd owner) 48k
  11. B

Rear suspension???

When you guys did the Sway bar bushing install, did you remove the bar all together or leave it connected to the end-links?
  12. B

wats a good vac #

Yea I generally sit at about 20-21 during Idle. Except on the 1st startup of the day, it sits around 18 for a few minutes until its warm. As for your question regarding the Boost It sounds like its spiking to its highest boost then lowering off at higher rpm's thats all. It's normal. I run stock...
  13. B

10' JL SUB, 250wattAMP with ported box

Sold. Please Close thread.
  14. B

Sillicon IC pipe???

Yea, I got the same Idle drop as well. Dropped to like 200rpm about to stall and jumps back up. I figured that was completely un-healthy for the car so i put the BPV back on right away.
  15. B

Samco Intercooler "Hot" Pipe

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123637267&highlight=forge+bov+install Bakrauf in that forum I posted has the Forge with the green spring. But you have to be careful when Venting because the car likes to stall without recirculating the air back into the Intake. Some people have...
  16. B

Samco Intercooler "Hot" Pipe

Forge makes a upgraded Stock Replacement, but it's built to be recirculated so it probably wont make the sound your looking for. All depending on how much money you wanna put into it, your best bet is buying a Cold Pipe with the Flange for the BOV you want running the dual stup. No stalling and...
  17. B

Sillicon IC pipe???

Having any Stalling issues with that setup? I tried venting just the Cold Pipe and it would drop down real low after high boost.
  18. B

sites to order parts

The link doesnt work. But I think i know the site your talking about. It's probably www.*************** "The un-spoken Performance Shop" EDIT: OK..... I typed it in as it's supposed to be, so it's blocked.
  19. B

Who Reserved their PS3 this morning?

I look at it this way. If it sells for a shitload of money, then I'm happy. If it doesn't I get to keep it, and play it. It's a Win-Win situation for me.
  20. B

Who Reserved their PS3 this morning?

I would like to keep mine as well, but I can wait till March when the next shipment arrives. There isn't really anything game wise that WOW'd me to want it really badly. I will be getting a Wii too, it looks fun, and Nintedo doesn't rape people's bank accounts like Sony and Microsoft do.(not as...
Back