Search results

1. M

Side sill/ground effect coming off

So washing wife's 5 (2006 touring) yesterday I noticed that the driver's side side sill/ground effect/whatever-its-called (along the bottom side of car) has separated from the car a bit. Quick look and it looks like the clips are still clipped into the car body, so that implies to me that the...
  2. M

Steering shaking when apply brakes...

our 2006 was doing that. Took it to the local tire/brake place and they installed new pads and turned the rotors and its nice and smooth again.
  3. M

Intermittent flashing airbag light...

Our 2006 Mazda5's airbag light intermittently blinks 3 slow, 4 fast. Turn the car off and back on and the blinking stops. Dealer says they can't do anything unless its blinking when we bring it in, dealer also told us when it happens just pull over, turn car off and back on. He seemed to...
  4. M

Does your service department suck this bad?

The dealer we bought our 5 from had a good service department and a great SA. He'd listen to what you said, provided coupons for the work being done, made sure the work was done etc etc. They closed that service department and merged it with their Chevy dealership next door. the good SA is...
  5. M

Mazda5 Battery Life Expectancy Question

ours died on our 06 in December. replaced it with a Costco one, didn't even bother with the dealer, since we pretty much hate their service advisor.
  6. M

invisible cellphone holder :-)

I bought a new case for my new Samsung Eternity phone because I wasn't real happy with the case it came with. The new case has the magnetic clasp. Well using the new case my phone will barely hold a charge for two days, previously I was getting around 6 days from it. Seems crazy, but I...
  7. M

Does anybody has OEM seat covers?

the drivers arm rest cover doesn't fit real well but stays on ok. The rest of the covers are nice.
  8. M

Extended Warranty

I bought one for my 08 Avalanche, but not from the dealer I bought my Av from. Found a longer warranty for less than half what the dealer wanted, even after the dealer's discount. Both warranties were from GM. If you get one, I wouldn't buy one from anyone except the manufacturer. Too many...
  9. M

Is 5 reliable?

Overall we're happy with our 2006 5. Though it has been in for more TSB's than any vehicle we've owned. None of them have been serious. We did replace the tires relatively early, just replaced the battery at 50k miles. And it needs the front brakes done because of a shimmy when braking hard...
  10. M

Stumble on Idle TSB question

So we had the stumble on idle TSB performed last winter. Replaced the battery in the 5 a couple of weeks ago and now its got the same symptom again. I'd thought that the TSB should have been something that wasn't affected by a loss of power to the computer. Do I need to get the TSB done...
  11. M

On my way to Disney...Mileage report!

we ended up with some left over so we went and bought a bunch of food at the store in the hotel to eat on the plane ride back.
  12. M

when we went it was no hassle and a pretty good savings, but maybe not so anymore.
  13. M

when they handed us the receipt it had how many were left printed on it. And I though ours was by person, not room. Could be they changed things since then, for the worse.
  14. M

when we went to Disneyworld in the summer of 2007 we got the food plan and it worked out really well for us. Wonder if they've changed things. Go up, order your food (including a dessert) give them your food plan card and go eat your food.
  15. M

when we drove to Disneyland (about 6 hours) we were getting 30 mpg at 70 and 28 mpg at 75. With 3 adults, 2 kids and all our luggage inside the car.
  16. M

Mazda5 Sliding Doors Unlock Problem (Actuators)

had a similar problem on the passenger side slider, the lock would slide back about half way. dealer replaced the actuator also.
  17. M

transmission, to flush or not to flush?

not that I noticed, but then I'm not the primary driver.
  18. M

airbag code 34

mazdadude found what code 34 is. and since the code gets reset every time the car is turned off the chances of it ever getting fixed isn't all that great. sweet.
  19. M

airbag code 34

nope we have done no mods to the car. Still the SA wouldn't even put that it was code 34 on the work order. He didn't believe that's what we saw. Pretty much everything past, "fix the car" was treated as we didn't know what we were talking about. We had the car in for a tranny flush that...
Back