Search results

1. B

A/C compressor squeel?

Tried searching, but came up empty. Now that we've hit the colder season, my P5 is having a small issue. When the defrost or A/C is on, there is squeeling at idle that sounds much like a belt slipping. Tends to happen more when the car is cold. I'm guessing the bearing for the compressor is on...
  2. B

P5 Immobilizer

Search came up empty, and my skills on the google-machine failed me. Quick question: Was the immobilizer available on the early 02 Protege5's, or was it only included/available on 02.5's and 03's? (scratch)
  3. B

Guage Cluster Bulb

Gauge Cluster Bulb I'm trying to pull the bulb for my overdrive light, as it's not working (Overdrive works). I have the gauge cluster out of my car right now, but since the light has been non-functional since I've had the car, I don't know which bulb to remove! I've searched every source I...
  4. B

FS: Commodore64 System!

SOLD!!! For sale here is an original Commodore64 complete with monitor! All of the parts are super clean, and in great shape. Included is a bundle of more than 100 games, as well as the OkiData printer that came with the system. The only thing missing here, unfortunately, are the cables. I...
  5. B

Need help cleaning windshield residue...

Windshield residue... So the previous owner of my P5 apparently applied stickers to the rear windshield. The only reason I know is because the outline resurrects itself whenever the back gets fogged up, or is coated with mist. It's starting to bug me now, and I'm looking to tackle the...
  6. B

P5 storage (6 months)

To silence the forum trolls: Yes, I did do a search, but didn't come up with anything significant. For medical reasons, I won't be able to drive for about 6 months and am going to have to store the P5. :( I'm looking for some tips regarding storage... What I know so far Prior to storage: -...
  7. B

P5 Overdrive Light?

Just a quick question: Is there supposed to be an Overdrive On/Off status light somewhere? (uhm) It's not a big issue for me since I tend to keep Overdrive on, but the only way for me to tell whether it's enabled or not is to count the shifts (3 off, 4 on). Doesn't seem to be a light for...
  8. B

Line Rider

Prepare to be addicted. ;) This game is simple, yet brilliant. I don't even need to explain it... Just draw a line, hit play, and you'll understand. Line Rider by ~fsk For a brief example of what can be done, see below: Line Rider on YouTube Just thought I'd share. Enjoy!
  9. B

DrivingTelevision MS6 Review

Thought I'd share this. It's a review of the Mazdaspeed6 by a Canadian automotive show. High-priases! Driving Television reviews the Mazdaspeed 6 (streming video, Windows Media Player) Enjoy! :)
  10. B

FS: StarWars ForceFX Lightsaber

Lightsaber is SOLD. Mods, delete at your leisure. Thx! Hi all, Sad to say, but I've gotta let this go. It's an authentic Master Replicas StarWars ForceFX Lightsaber. This particular one is Anakin Skywalker's from Revenge of the Sith, and glows blue. It's in like-new condition, with the...
  11. B

FS: 2 x 256MB RAM, Textbooks...

Hi all, Got some things I'm looking to get off my hands... :) Shipping prices are not included in the item costs, but just PM me and I can get you a quote. I prefer Paypal as the method of payment. 1. A pair of 256MB sticks of RAM. One is brand new, PC3200 and DDR400mhz. Not too sure...
  12. B

Zoom Zoom Decal?

I was cleaning the interior of my car today, and came across a goodie while organizing my glovebox! It's a white 7.5" x 1" Zoom-Zoom decal that was tucked in the front page of my P5 owner's manual. Apparently the previous owner had bought it and never used it (price tag is still on the back...
  13. B

Spotted! 2 MSPs in one day!

Spotted a spicy orange MSP going west on Williams Road in Richmond, at around 5:30pm today (July 24th). Also spotted a titaniam/grey MSP at Richmond Centre, 3rd level in the Sears parkade in the early afternoon. Either of you members here? (attn)
  14. B

A place to buy rims+tires?

I'm looking for a place in or around Vancouver that has good prices on rims/tires. Looking specifically for some 17x7s... A friend referred me to a place called National Tire Wholesale in Delta. Has anyone heard of it, or can recommend somewhere else they know is good? Thanks for the help! :)
  15. B

Lovin my P5

Purchased my Protege5 in late March, and it's by far the most enjoyable car I've ever driven, let alone owned. Maybe I'm biased. It's definitely a huge step up from a '95 Dodge Neon. I regret selling that car only because I would rather have watched it burn. :) I've painted the calipers...
Back