Search results

1. S

For Sale Scosche Single-Din Radio Dash Install Kit for Mazda Protege

While cleaning my garage I found a spare single-din dash installation kit made by Scosche for 95-03 626s, Proteges, and Millenias. Ordered it from Crutchfield and is still new in the packaging. $10 plus shipping.
  2. S

SOLD! Mazdaspeed Axle-Back Exhaust for Protege5

Hey everyone, Cleaning out my garage and came across an old Mazdaspeed axle-back exhaust for a Protege5. This is a factory accessory designed specifically for the Protege5 and will not fit on a Speed Protege or a MP3 Protege. Exhaust is in good shape and has been in my garage for 10 years...
  3. S

Kartboy Shifter Bushings BNIB

sold
  4. S

Black Sedan Headlights

sold
  5. S

Protege 5 Endlinks

So I'm in the process of installing new shocks on my 2003 Protege5 and the rear endlinks are proving to be a real b****. So while I'm in there, I've made the decision to buy new endlinks, as well as new ones for the front in case those give me problems. I've searched on the forums for definitive...
  6. S

Steering Wheel Replacement

Is it possible to replace the factory P5 steering wheel with a MSP steering wheel or the steering wheel from an 04-05 Miata and be able to add the cruise controls from the factory steering wheel to either of those wheels?
  7. S

Questions on suspension replacement

It's come time to replace the suspension on my 03 Protege5 and I had a question. I plan on replacing the shocks, springs, strut bearings, and the bellows all at one time. My question is would it also be wise to replace the front strut mounts while I'm in there, or do they not need to be...
  8. S

ABS light constantly on

I've recently come into a bit of a problem with my 04 Mazda 3 2.3. One night I came home from classes and when I went out to drive the car the next day, the ABS light stayed on and hasn't gone off since. This was about 3 weeks ago. I didn't touch anything on the car between when I shut it off...
  9. S

Suspension Set-up questions

I have a couple questions and am in need of suggestions for what to do concerning my suspension set-up. I already know that I'm going with the sway bar set from Racing Beat along with their springs on a set of Koni yellows. The question I have is should I go with the thicker RB front endlinks as...
  10. S

Looking to buy

Hey fellas, My girlfriend is looking to buy a car, and I stumbled upon a listing for a 2000 Mazda Protege sedan for just under 2K. Judging by the underhood picture, the car has the 1.8L motor, not the 2.0. How reliable is this engine if basic maintenance is kept up? Also, what problem areas...
  11. S

Hardware for GTSpec Mid Chassis Brace

I have a GTSpec Mid Chassis Brace, but the box that it was shipped in did not contain any hardware. The installation of the brace was unsuccessful because of this, and with the influx of replica braces on the market, GTSpec will not sell the hardware needed to install the brace. I was wondering...
  12. S

Mazdaspeed Seats

Has anyone ever found out if someone with a Mazda 3 could swap in Mazdaspeed 3 seats? I'm not sure where a problem could lie, and in theory it should work since both interiors are relatively the same.
  13. S

Replacing bushings

Alright guys. I've searched everywhere i can possibly think of on this forum and still have questions unanswered. What are possible replacement bushings for the front swaybar if I don't plan on upgrading the bar? I know ProtegeGarage has a set for like 20 bucks from AWR but dunno if these work...
  14. S

I'm stuck

I recently went to Autozone to confirm the code that was thrown by my CEL which is the infamous P0037 rear O2 sensor. However, what I didn't expect was to recieve another code. This one is code P0550 and mentions about the power steering pressure switch. Is there any way that the first code has...
  15. S

Wierd Sound

I've got a sound similar to a helicopter rotor (best I can relate to. dunno for sure what it exactly sound like) turning but only at about 2400 rpm in 3rd and 4th gear, no other gears(at least that I can hear). Anyone know what this is or what causes this?
  16. S

Oil Filler Cap

Does anyone know of an aftermarket, i.e. Mazdaspeed or AutoExe, billet oil filler cap? The only one I've found is the red one from a Speed3 and that didn't work but ironically worked on my Protege5. The reason I ask is because the oil cap on the 3 is a cam-lock design, not conventional. So if...
  17. S

LED Mirrors

What can anyone tell me about these mirrors: http://www.carfieldenterprise.com/ourproducts.php?seriesID=219 Are they direct replacement and wiring? What models used these (here and overseas)?
  18. S

WTB: Rear oxygen sensor

As the title state, I am in need for the rear oxygen sensor. PM with details and pics and offer. I really don't wanna spend $170 at the dealer for one.
  19. S

CEL Codes

Any chance we could get a list of all the CEL codes, their meanings and possible fixes? I just think it might be a good idea instead of searching for 50 million hours to find nothing. Plus we don't really have a book that tells what the codes are. Or do we and I'm just dumb?
  20. S

CEL Code Lists

Any chance we could get a list of all the CEL codes, their meanings and possible fixes? I just think it might be a good idea instead of searching for 50 million hours to find nothing. Plus we don't really have a book that tells what the codes are. Or do we and I'm just dumb?
Back